Junior Maintenance Engineer
Have you recently completed your maintenance engineering apprenticeship or engineering qualification? Are you a maintenance engineer with a few years’ experience and are looking for a new challenge with an exciting company to really improve your skills?
Location: Castle Donington
Shift Pattern: Mon-Fri, DAYS (Some flexibility required)
Key Skills: Maintenance, Electrical Engineering, PLC, Automation, Warehousing
This organisation has a proven track record of 40 years within the automation industry. They provide integrated sorting, handling and tracking systems for baggage, letters & parcels; their material handling systems use the cross-belt technology and they work with customers to develop tailored material handling solutions for their customers via never-ending emphasis on innovation. This is your chance to be part of a growing and expanding business unit that is diverse with a fantastic team of people and the opportunity to grow with it.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Initially you will learn and apply basic mechanical / electrical maintenance procedures as you get to know the equipment and working environment.
- Providing efficient repair/improvements for machinery/equipment
- Reactive maintenance ensuring minimal downtime to machinery
- Perform root-cause analysis on faults and take a preventative approach to future potential issues
- Carry out planned maintenance and keep the maintenance software up to date suggesting improvements where necessary
- Respond promptly to reactive breakdown requirements and requests.
- Daily administration duties to be carried out.
- Over time you will learn TPM procedures and help run these practices within the business.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required:
- Have previous experience in an engineering role
- Enjoy learning new skills with mechanical and electrical equipment who also has an aptitude from problem solving.
- Seeking a career within maintenance/field support to multi-skilled discipline.
- Passion and desire to progress your skills and abilities
- Apprenticeship / HNC / HND / ONC level qualifications within an engineering discipline would be preferred but is not essential
Cordius Recruitment team offers unrivalled expertise; a flexible and personal approach of successful recruitment within Engineering, Supply Chain and Technical disciplines - our highly experienced team of specialist consultants offer professional and transparent services to match the individual needs of both clients and candidates.
Apply for this job
Our Commitment to you
Here at Cordius Ltd. we work closely with our candidates to ensure that we provide you with a first class recruitment service. Our recruitment consultants seek to ensure that both the needs of the employer and the candidate are met, therefore producing a cohesive relationship and the best chance of success. Our Candidate Management Team is dedicated to helping you make the most of your CV and to aid you in the recruitment process through offering advice on interview techniques and construction of your CV.
Read our Terms & Conditions