Maintenance Engineer/ Technician – Nights
Cordius is looking for a maintenance technician/ engineer for planned, preventative and reactive maintenance on an automated sortation plant. The successful candidate will work with the maintenance team with specific responsibilities on all buildings, plant equipment, sortation equipment and conveyors.
Working Hours: Monday-Friday, 7pm-3am OR 8pm-4am
Salary: starting at £29,000, rising to £33,000 after the probation
Skills: Electrical, Mechanical, Maintenance, Automation, PLC systems, 17th edn
The main duties that will be required of the successful candidate within this position are:
- To conduct regular reactive and preventative maintenance on the conveyor systems
- To maintain and repair the conveyor systems
- To carry out any improvements/modifications deemed necessary to the conveyor system
- To carry out any electrical/mechanical repair work, installation or fault finding of new equipment and circuits
- To ensure that the company’s health & safety policy and procedures are maintained
- To observe and comply with company health and safety policies and procedures and ensure that work is carried out in a safe and proper manner at all times
- To provide first line breakdown/defect repairs or support to the night operation in the event of a mechanical breakdown (you will be on call on a rotating rota basis)
- Work to Resolve Breakdowns with the Assistant Maintenance Manager
- Any other general maintenance duties as the position requires
- Involved in site improvements, Sortation system Modifications, and project work
- 17th Edition qualified
- City and Guilds to Level 3 mechanical or electrical.
- NVQ qualification in electrical principles or mechanical engineering to level 3 or both Bias
- A good understanding of PLC Systems and pneumatic principles
- Flexibility to cover Days or Nights when required
- High level of attention to detail
- A proactive approach
- Good organisational skills
- A team player
- Ability to work on own initiative
Cordius team offers unrivalled expertise; a flexible and personal approach of successful recruitment within Engineering, Supply Chain and Technical disciplines - our highly experienced team of specialist consultants offer professional and transparent services to match the individual needs of both clients and candidates.
Apply for this job
Our Commitment to you
Here at Cordius Ltd. we work closely with our candidates to ensure that we provide you with a first class recruitment service. Our recruitment consultants seek to ensure that both the needs of the employer and the candidate are met, therefore producing a cohesive relationship and the best chance of success. Our Candidate Management Team is dedicated to helping you make the most of your CV and to aid you in the recruitment process through offering advice on interview techniques and construction of your CV.
Read our Terms & Conditions