Lead Hardware Engineer
Are you ready to power the future of industrial efficiency? As a leading name in operational technology and digital transformation, my client, part of the globally renowned EDF Group, offers a unique opportunity for seasoned engineers. As part of our dynamic Nuclear team, you will be instrumental in leading critical projects, working at the forefront of the energy, water, renewables, and manufacturing sectors. With continuous innovation at their core, they invite you to join us on their exciting journey, delivering performance on a massive scale and setting new standards for the industry.
We seek a dedicated engineer to be part of their team, handling design and execution of E C & I. Your role will primarily include PLC-based control panel designs within the nuclear industry, with potential extensions into other regulated sectors. Site surveys, electrical engineering solutions, control panel designs, and collaborative validation of designs and calculations will be part of your responsibilities. Travel and short stays at client locations may be required.
Ideal candidates will have experience in:
- Electrical Engineering
- Control Panel Design and Build
- Electrical and Instrumentation Installation
Key Role Tasks:
- Guide project teams and sanction designs.
- Ensure protocol compliance and interpret customer data.
- Develop system designs and client documentation.
- Create design packs and support system production documentation.
- Supervise site surveys and assist in Health and Safety Documentation.
- Support testing/commissioning and aid in tender documents creation.
- Proficiency in nuclear market control systems.
- Control panel design experience, with familiarity in field cabling systems.
- A degree or HND in a relevant field plus 5 years of project execution experience.
- Proficient in Word, AutoCAD, Excel, understanding customer requirements and Full Project Lifecycle.
- Full driving license and willingness to mentor juniors.
Preference will be given to candidates with:
- Specialised knowledge in Rockwell, Siemens, Schneider systems.
- Experience with Motor Control Centres and DSEAR Regulations.
- Awareness of Functional Safety and BS7671 IEE 18th Edition Wiring Regs.
- Installation and Commissioning experience, adherence to deadlines, budgets, and security checks.
- Leadership and teamwork skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent communication and flexibility.
They offer permanent employees:
- 25 days of holiday plus bank holidays.
- Flexible Hybrid working, pension scheme, life assurance.
- Private healthcare, lifestyle screening, mental health support.
- Cycle to work, green car schemes, and professional membership fees coverage.
Apply for this job
Our Commitment to you
Here at Cordius Ltd. we work closely with our candidates to ensure that we provide you with a first class recruitment service. Our recruitment consultants seek to ensure that both the needs of the employer and the candidate are met, therefore producing a cohesive relationship and the best chance of success. Our Candidate Management Team is dedicated to helping you make the most of your CV and to aid you in the recruitment process through offering advice on interview techniques and construction of your CV.
Read our Terms & Conditions