Location: Hope Valley, Derbyshire
Salary: £28,000 + Company Benefits
Key Skills: ERP/MRP, Stock Management, CIPS, Purchasing
The successful candidate will join the Purchasing Department and will provide key procurement support to the Purchasing Manager and ensure continuity and efficiency of production and supply.
- Work with relevant departments to manage inventory requirements with the use of ERP/MRP system.
- Facilitate timely placement of purchase orders. Manage and maintain required stock and safety stock levels.
- Liaise with suppliers regarding orders, delivery dates and costs.
- Expedite procured items to minimize production disruption.
- Work closely with Goods In and suppliers to handle any quality and quantity issues with procured items.
- Update internal business system with product and supplier details where required.
- Maintain records and documentation within the department to allow full traceability.
- Develop relationships with internal stakeholders to understand future requirements.
- Contribute to the development of Procurement performance.
- Help to develop and implement KPI’s to analyse & improve supplier performance.
Key skills and qualifications:
- CIPS Level 4, or similar qualification in Purchasing.
- Previous experience with MRP/ ERP systems
- Proficient in the use of MS Office – Excel & Word.
- Experience in managing and negotiating with suppliers.
- Strong planning and organisational skills.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Have the ability to work on their own initiative with minimum supervision, prioritise work load and the skills to be a good team player.
Due to the location, you will ideally need your own transport, however, company is situated next to Hope train station and on a regular bus route from and to Sheffield.
Apply for this job
Our Commitment to you
Here at Cordius Ltd. we work closely with our candidates to ensure that we provide you with a first class recruitment service. Our recruitment consultants seek to ensure that both the needs of the employer and the candidate are met, therefore producing a cohesive relationship and the best chance of success. Our Candidate Management Team is dedicated to helping you make the most of your CV and to aid you in the recruitment process through offering advice on interview techniques and construction of your CV.
Read our Terms & Conditions