Head of SEO
A fantastic opportunity has become available for a talented Head of SEO operations to lead.
With 14 years of industry experience behind us, our client has ambitious plans for the next few years, and this is a rare opportunity to join the company in a senior position.
You’ll be taking ownership of their largest department within the business by driving the standards of excellence that form the bedrock of our offering, ensuring client satisfaction, retention and growth. Far from being happy with the status quo, you’ll relentlessly improve and expand our existing Services, helping us maintain our position at the forefront of the SEO industry.
Mentorship will be a core part of your role; you’ll be someone with the skills and experience to coach and empower others on the SEO team to develop their career.
You’ll be an established SEO leader looking to take the next step in your career. We want to hire someone as passionate about managing and motivating others as they are about SEO - someone with the ambition and drive to adopt, develop and evolve a truly world-beating team.
What we’ll need from you:
- Lead the direction of the technical SEO department, line managing the Senior SEO Consultants and supporting them as they manage the wider team.
- Build relationships with senior client stakeholders to get buy-in for the SEO campaigns we are running, working closely with Client Services to secure renewals and pursue growth opportunities.
- Run the P&L for the SEO team, taking responsibility for hiring and resourcing decision making in line with business objectives.
- Work with the directors to resource the team effectively, ensuring the right people have the right work and we are playing to our strengths at all times.
- Build upon our existing SEO offering by supporting the team as they develop, test and document industry-leading SEO products.
- Continue to refine our existing product set, defining and documenting the relevant processes and up-skilling the wider department.
- Work closely with the Content Strategy, Creative, Paid and Digital PR teams to ensure alignment across our full-service offering.
- Take ownership of team training requirements, including the management of SEO tooling and training budgets.
- Orchestrate the team’s marketing output, hitting the cadence and quality targets defined by sales and marketing.
- Confidently provide business development and pitch assistance where required.
Key skills you’ll need:
- Hands-on as well as strategic SEO expertise, and the ability to pivot between both approaches when required.
- A proven track record of managing, leading and motivating large teams, ideally within an agency environment.
- Clear experience of helping others develop both softer and more technical skills, and helping others grow into more senior roles.
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate clearly and persuasively.
- The ability to present clearly and persuasively to senior stakeholders, both internally and externally
- Meticulous attention to detail and the tenacity to see ideas through to fruition.
- High level of competence using Analytics platforms including Google and Adobe.
- Understanding of multi-channel marketing and how Absolute fits into the wider marketing mix.
Nice to have, but not essential
- Prior public speaking experience and a willingness to represent the agency at conferences and on webinars.
- Advanced technical SEO knowledge, including usage of log files for SEO analysis and familiarity in working with popular JS frameworks such as AngularJS, React and Vue.js
What we offer in Return
- Fully remote working in the UK (opportunities to work from anywhere within Europe – exceptions apply).
- Free Private Medical Health Insurance (with cash back option on Vision & Dental care & 40% off Nuffield Health gym Membership)
- 3 Wellness days provided each year.
- Company Pension Scheme.
- Opportunities to progress if you’re up for the challenge.
- Training sessions galore across multiple disciplines.
- Opportunities to speak at industry events and conferences if you want to.
- A library, where you can select a book of your choice and we will send it to you for free.
- The opportunity to be involved in charity fundraising events.
- A birthday gift and the afternoon off.
- Extra treats on your work-versary (annually)
- Opportunity to take part in a professional PT session each week.
- Absolute Early Bird (8am-5pm) OR Absolute Owl (9am-6pm) working hours offered to suit your lifestyle.
- Regular social events and team building activities provided for free (online and in person).
- Annual festivals
- Monthly company-wide “feel good” meetings.
- Early finish on the last Friday of every month.
- Quarterly in person meet ups for the whole company.
Our client is multi-award winning, highly reputable digital marketing agency. They are built on hard-work, creativity and laughter, and every member of their team brings an added layer of dedication, expertise and fun to their agency.
They are a tight knit team who work collaboratively across a range of digital marketing departments to deliver an integrated online marketing service to their clients.
Apply for this job
Our Commitment to you
Here at Cordius Ltd. we work closely with our candidates to ensure that we provide you with a first class recruitment service. Our recruitment consultants seek to ensure that both the needs of the employer and the candidate are met, therefore producing a cohesive relationship and the best chance of success. Our Candidate Management Team is dedicated to helping you make the most of your CV and to aid you in the recruitment process through offering advice on interview techniques and construction of your CV.
Read our Terms & Conditions