Quality Inspector (Automotive OR Engineering)
Cordius is looking for Quality Inspectors (ideally from Automotive or Engineering background) on behalf of a multinational automotive aftermarket company in their newly built state-of-the-art fully automated Distribution Centre located between North Derbyshire & South Sheffield.
Location: Commutable from Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Mansfield, South Yorkshire & Sheffield
Salary: £18,000 - £22,000 (DOE)
Skills: Automotive, Engineering, Quality, Inspection, ISO, SAP, Technical drawings
Hours: Mon-Fri 8:00am – 4:30pm & 12:00pm – 8:30pm, rotating
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of automotive parts and vehicles or knowledge of materials used in manufacture, and the manufacturing methods used. Experience in a quality control environment would be advantageous, but no essential as full training would be given.
- Visual and Physical checks of the quality of incoming deliveries
- Visual and Physical checks of the quality and accuracy of proposed new products
- Visual and Physical checks of primary packaging using color swatches and pdf library
- Maintain defined inspections required by each product group
- Maintain all supersessions, record all requests, order parts, process the requests
- Identify and maintain the tools required to perform inspections, calibrate & test the equipment in accordance with ISO procedures
Skills & Experience:
- Experience in a similar goods-in inspection role (ideally within automotive or engineering background)
- Ability to read and interpret supplier technical drawings
- Knowledge about function and use of parts to be inspected is desirable
- Technical qualification in automotive or engineering together with an understanding of ISO9001:2008 would be advantageous
- Computer literate including MS Word, Excel and SAP
As a member of the Institute of Recruiters (IOR), the Cordius team offers unrivalled expertise; a flexible and personal approach of successful recruitment within Engineering, Supply Chain and Technical disciplines - our highly experienced team of specialist consultants offer professional and transparent services to match the individual needs of both clients and candidates.
Apply for this job
Our Commitment to you
Here at Cordius Ltd. we work closely with our candidates to ensure that we provide you with a first class recruitment service. Our recruitment consultants seek to ensure that both the needs of the employer and the candidate are met, therefore producing a cohesive relationship and the best chance of success. Our Candidate Management Team is dedicated to helping you make the most of your CV and to aid you in the recruitment process through offering advice on interview techniques and construction of your CV.
Read our Terms & Conditions