The Company is an international leader in electronic and information technologies for defence systems, aerospace, data, infrastructures, land security and protection and sustainable ’smart’ solutions. They employ 4,000 people across the UK. In addition to achieving ‘Investors In People’ accreditation, they won the Queens Awards for enterprise and international trade. They are entering a period of expansion offering exciting opportunities to work at the forefront of technology.
The successful candidate will be reporting into the Procurement Manager (Combat Air) and this role shall look to deliver supply chain solutions for both production and development contracts. Working with the various IPTs, to ensure compliance is managed through the Sub-Contract management of legal aspects, trade compliance and security classification etc. with risk and opportunity management as key deliverables. Engage with the Capability / Engineering Management teams to drive through innovative supply chain solutions for our future products / solutions.
This role will require a demonstrated ability to manage internal & external relationships and will require broad experiences of working cross functionally in a matrix organisation, in order to influence a breadth of business decisions throughout the Life Cycle Management (LCM) Framework. The individual will have strong and effective communication skills, with the ability to develop and nurture internal customer relationships, promote customer intimacy and team working.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Lead the delivery of sub-contract management activities and other procurement related services which may be required by the Business i.e. Make vs Buy, Supplier Capability Assessments
- Promoting customer intimacy in internal and external relationships
- Focal point for project and suppliers regarding contract and supply base matters
- Drive and lead strategies to influence business decisions throughout the project life cycle
- Identify solutions for complex areas of potential risk/opportunity e.g. sub-contract risk, liability and exchange rate exposure etc. and deliver solutions/mitigations
- Draft and prepare complex contract documentation using standard and non-standard formats
- Lead the generation and review of 'appropriate' specifications and Statement of Work documents
- Promote a culture of best practice and sharing of knowledge within the function and across the wider business
- Construct and lead the contracts and supply chain management Life Cycle Management (LCM) deliverables
- Effectively communicate engineering and project requirements to the supply base
- Work with stakeholders, at all levels, in order to understand Internal Customer requirements
- Management of Export Compliance, restrictions and third party rights for all procured items
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
- Ideally degree level or equivalent or significant relevant work experience (studying towards or achievement of MCIPS is preferred)
- Good working knowledge and understanding of Procurement within the Defence & Aerospace industry (or a similar sector) and ability to apply them with minimal supervision and direction
- As well as procuring hardware the ability to procure intangible services linked to design and development/professional services is desirable
- Relationship building skills with cross-functional colleagues, customers and suppliers
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of the Commercial and Legal Aspects associated with contracting within the Defence & Aerospace industry (or a similar sector)
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of Compliance associated with contracting within the Defence & Aerospace industry (or a similar sector)
- An ability to think 'outside of the box' offering solutions to enable the Procurement function to add value and innovation
- SAP familiarity (or equivalent integrated business systems)
- Ability to engage and influence cross-functional/cross site teams
Cordius Recruitment team offers unrivalled expertise; a flexible and personal approach of successful recruitment within Engineering, Supply Chain and Technical disciplines - our highly experienced team of specialist consultants offer professional and transparent services to match the individual needs of both clients and candidates.
Apply for this job
Our Commitment to you
Here at Cordius Ltd. we work closely with our candidates to ensure that we provide you with a first class recruitment service. Our recruitment consultants seek to ensure that both the needs of the employer and the candidate are met, therefore producing a cohesive relationship and the best chance of success. Our Candidate Management Team is dedicated to helping you make the most of your CV and to aid you in the recruitment process through offering advice on interview techniques and construction of your CV.
Read our Terms & Conditions