Cordius is looking for a Controls Engineer for a well-known material handling company with over 40 years’ experience within the automation sector; the successful candidate will join a company that believes in being at the forefront of Innovation to lead the material sortation industry and improve customer experience.
Location: Marston Green, Birmingham
Salary: Highly Competitive + Benefit Package
Key Skills: MHE, Automation, Controls Engineer, PLC’s, Fieldbus, SCADA,
Key Responsibility Areas:
- Experience of design of architecture of hardware and software systems for supervision and control of sorting machines for Airport (Baggage Handling System) and courier (Sorting system for packet, parcel, etc.)
- Experience of working in a similar industry such as Baggage Handling Systems, Packaging Systems, Automatized Storing and in Process Industrial Automation exploring new ways to utilise your current skills
- Experienced Controls Engineer, you would have ideally have demonstrable experience working on integrated automation system
- Have the ability to understand and translate customer requirements into design deliverables including; design, Interface and Test Specifications
- Customise standards software for project specific requirements
- Provide the necessary expertise and knowledge to the installation teams during the implementation of the project on customer sites including the preparation of as-built drawings and handover documentation
- Design and program application software for lower level controls system for material handling system applications (logistics, warehousing, baggage handling etc.)
- Create user documentation for software applications Production of Project Documentation: FDS, SDS, etc.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required:
- Design of architecture HW and SW based both in PLC, DCS, PAC platforms and PC embedded with Real-Time Operative Systems (RTOS: RTX, MS Windows Embedded, Linux)
- Software development in PLC environments and in C/C++ languages (PC platform). Control System for Motion Control, Field Industrial Bus di LAN Ethernet Based, I/O management in RT/TX, Condition Monitoring, Drives development, etc
- Field Bus (Profibus, Profinet, I, CAN, Ethercat, etc)
- Wireless Network for communication between sorter and ground
- Basic Know How about SCADA COTS, such as: (Suite iFIX, InTouch, WINCC, RSView32, etc.)
Cordius team offers unrivalled expertise; a flexible and personal approach of successful recruitment within Engineering, Supply Chain and Technical disciplines - our highly experienced team of specialist consultants offer professional and transparent services to match the individual needs of both clients and candidates.
Apply for this job
Our Commitment to you
Here at Cordius Ltd. we work closely with our candidates to ensure that we provide you with a first class recruitment service. Our recruitment consultants seek to ensure that both the needs of the employer and the candidate are met, therefore producing a cohesive relationship and the best chance of success. Our Candidate Management Team is dedicated to helping you make the most of your CV and to aid you in the recruitment process through offering advice on interview techniques and construction of your CV.
Read our Terms & Conditions