Field Testing Engineering Manager
A market leader in lubricant additives, this is a market-driven global company that combines complex, specialty chemicals to optimise the quality, performance and value of customers’ products while reducing their environmental impact. Producing and supplying technologies to customers in the global transportation, industrial and consumer markets.
These technologies include lubricant additives for engine oils, driveline and other transportation-related fluids, industrial lubricants, and additives for gasoline and diesel fuel. In addition, they also make ingredients and additives for home care and personal care products and pharmaceuticals, specialty materials, including plastics technology and performance coatings in the form of resins and additives.
Engineering Manager- Field Testing Department
Location: Hazelwood, Derbyshire.
Main Skills: Engineering Management (People, Project, Budget), Engineering Degree, willingness to travel
Very competitive + excellent benefits that include one of the best pension offers available, Bupa family, flexible working, share incentive scheme and career development.
This role is within the field testing department:
In this position you are accountable for managing people, budgets and processes associated with field testing conducted in the EMEAI region.
Additionally, as the Field Test Manager, you will collaborate globally with Business Group Commercial and Technical teams to establish robust business cases to maximize return on field testing investments.
It is also the responsibility of the this role, via innovation, to maximize the value the company can extract from field testing projects.
Accountabilities: Managing Field Testing & Metrology
- Responsible for an annual budget of £2M; managing Field Testing & Metrology plans including Operating Expenses and Capital programs for the group.
- Leading 13 engineers and technical specialists within the Field Testing and Metrology teams; conducting performance reviews and building actionable development plans
- Ensure Ethical conduct policies are upheld, the standard and integrity of Field Testing & Metrology Quality Management System are maintained and that Safety practices are never compromised.
- Using LEAN practices and via continuous improvement; deliver efficiency gains.
- Drive collaboration with Engineering & Business functions ensuring insights and best practices are shared globally. Benchmark best practices at independent test labs.
- Provide technical knowledge and guidance with regards to running Field Trials, Rating and Metrology.
- Develop people to improve commercial acumen and drive a culture of accountability
- Keep abreast of market trends, hardware technology developments, regulations on global basis to extract maximum value from field testing.
- Find innovative ways to use and present data generated via field testing, to instill customer confidence in the products.
- Lead by example to drive improvement in commercial acumen (developing commercial insight, discovery, value creation) in Mechanical Testing Departments.
Candidate expertise, education and skills required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Automotive engineering. Advanced engineering degree or Chartered status is a plus.
- Previous Management experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, excellent listening skills. Communicate effectively to a wide variety of audiences in various cultures.
- Experienced with managing projects and organizing significant volume of work.
- Experienced in prioritizing initiatives and managing customer and supplier relationships.
- Ability to solve problems and innovate.
- Interpersonal and conflict management skills.
- Implement and influence HSE&Q compliance programs.
- Experienced with developing vision and strategic planning.
- Demonstrated ability to get work done through others and ability to work effectively with other departments and divisions.
This role requires a proportion of international and domestic travel up to 20% of the time.
The Hazelwood site is located in a rural setting less than 8 miles from Derby City centre, very close to the beauty of the peak district.
Cordius Ltd team offers unrivalled expertise; a flexible and personal approach of successful recruitment within Engineering, Supply Chain and Technical disciplines - our highly experienced team of specialist consultants offer professional and transparent services to match the individual needs of both clients and candidates.
Apply for this job
Our Commitment to you
Here at Cordius Ltd. we work closely with our candidates to ensure that we provide you with a first class recruitment service. Our recruitment consultants seek to ensure that both the needs of the employer and the candidate are met, therefore producing a cohesive relationship and the best chance of success. Our Candidate Management Team is dedicated to helping you make the most of your CV and to aid you in the recruitment process through offering advice on interview techniques and construction of your CV.
Read our Terms & Conditions