The Company is an international leader in electronic and information technologies for defence systems, aerospace, data, infrastructures, land security and protection and sustainable ’smart’ solutions. They employ 4,000 people across the UK. In addition to achieving ‘Investors In People’ accreditation, they won the Queens Awards for enterprise and international trade. They are entering a period of expansion offering exciting opportunities to work at the forefront of technology.
Salary: £ Excellent base plus great benefits, including flexible working options
Key Skills: Risk Management, management/ leadership
A Risk Manager is required to support the implementation of the Project Risk Management process in the Electronics Division of this defence company.
The Risk Manager will be the subject matter expert in the Risk Management process, and will need to work independently to support the Integrated Project Teams (IPTs) in implementing value added, high quality risk management.
Although Luton based it will involve travel to other sites in the UK and potentially occasional travel to Italy.
The role involves championing the risk process and culture across the sites as the local expert. Advising and supporting Integrated Project Teams (IPTs), from bid to project execution phases, to:
• Identify and assess risk and opportunities
• Determine appropriate treatment actions
• Analyse the post treatment residual risk using Monte Carlo analysis
• Support the contingency setting and management process
• Generate site and UK reports meeting the corporate reporting timetable
• Analyse trends, propose and implement improvement activity
• Degree in a technical or business subject
• Ability to influence and communicate with stakeholders
• Highly numerate with experience of statistical and financial modelling
• High competency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Powerpoint, Word)
• Ability to lead workshops and present technical details to large teams of people with confidence
• Ability to coach in one-to-one and one-to-many situations
It goes without saying that a great company like this values their employees with opportunity for career development, progression, training, support and great benefits
Cordius Ltd team offers unrivalled expertise; a flexible and personal approach of successful recruitment within Engineering, Supply Chain and Technical disciplines - our highly experienced team of specialist consultants offer professional and transparent services to match the individual needs of both clients and candidates.
Apply for this job
Our Commitment to you
Here at Cordius Ltd. we work closely with our candidates to ensure that we provide you with a first class recruitment service. Our recruitment consultants seek to ensure that both the needs of the employer and the candidate are met, therefore producing a cohesive relationship and the best chance of success. Our Candidate Management Team is dedicated to helping you make the most of your CV and to aid you in the recruitment process through offering advice on interview techniques and construction of your CV.
Read our Terms & Conditions