Project Engineering Lead - Export IMS
The Company is an international leader in electronic and information technologies for defence systems, aerospace, data, infrastructures, land security and protection and sustainable ’smart’ solutions. They employ 4,000 people across the UK. In addition to achieving ‘Investors In People’ accreditation, they won the Queens Awards for enterprise and international trade. They are entering a period of expansion offering exciting opportunities to work at the forefront of technology.
Salary: Competitive please enquire
Key Skills: Project Engineering, IMS (information management systems)
A Project Engineering Lead (PEL) is required to join our Export delivery team within the Information Management System (IMS) sector of the Electronic Warfare (EW) line of business.
This engineering lead role will be split across contract delivery and business winning, providing engineering management, direction and leadership for a number of customers and end users.
The PEL will be responsible for the engineering technical solution, and the engineering costs throughout the bid, and for the engineering design, schedule, budget and milestone adherence for project delivery.
You will work closely with the Customer/End User and internal stakeholders to agree the optimal technical solution and manage the engineering deliverables.
You will also be responsible for creating/updating Engineering Management Plans and ensuring that the engineering aspects of the projects are delivered in accordance with company Life Cycle Management processes, company and legislative standards, and be responsible for the planning and managing the maturity design reviews.
Key Responsibility Areas
To promote an Integrated Project Team (IPT) approach during Customer engagement, from concept and bid phase, through design, and on to project delivery. Facilitate compliant cost, schedule and technical solutions by working effectively with all external and internal stakeholders. Work with the within the IPT and to deliver:
• Management of the Engineering technical quality, schedule and budget
• Management of multi-disciplined Engineering teams, ensuring that roles within the teams are clearly defined
• Establish and maintain good lines of communication across the Engineering IPT, to the IPT lead, functional heads and to the Customer engineering team
• Management of Customer expectations in line with agreed solution
• Ensure that the design rationale is documented
• Ensuring the design solution meets the end user requirement, is reliable and works within the its designated environment
• Control project configuration and change management to ensure design reuse is maximised.
• Lead business winning opportunities from an engineering point of view within the IMS sector
• Identifying technical risks and mitigation strategies
• Support the management of Suppliers and project Make or Buy decisions as required • Candidate concept solutions are captured, including the results of any trade off studies and end user engagement
• Ensuring effective implementation of the company's Lifecycle Management, including Design & Gate Reviews and Processes, to: -
Agree qualification & acceptance criteria and design certification as required - Validating and Meeting Targets for Development of Design Maturity - Be responsible for all engineering aspects of the monthly Project Performance Reviews
• Personally coach and mentor other engineers – principally those in a similar career path
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
• Good problem solving ability
• Good schedule and budget control
• Commercially aware
• Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders
• Strong leadership competency but also can demonstrate team working skills
• Knowledge of engineering lifecycle and business process.
• Understanding of Electronic Warfare Operational Support
• Understanding of systems, software and training development and ideally mission data
Excellent benefits, work environment and career development is a given within this excellent company who invest in their people and their development.
Cordius Ltd team offers unrivalled expertise; a flexible and personal approach of successful recruitment within Engineering, Supply Chain and Technical disciplines - our highly experienced team of specialist consultants offer professional and transparent services to match the individual needs of both clients and candidates.
Apply for this job
Our Commitment to you
Here at Cordius Ltd. we work closely with our candidates to ensure that we provide you with a first class recruitment service. Our recruitment consultants seek to ensure that both the needs of the employer and the candidate are met, therefore producing a cohesive relationship and the best chance of success. Our Candidate Management Team is dedicated to helping you make the most of your CV and to aid you in the recruitment process through offering advice on interview techniques and construction of your CV.
Read our Terms & Conditions