Lead Systems Engineer
The Company is an international leader in electronic and information technologies for defence systems, aerospace, data, infrastructures, land security and protection and sustainable ’smart’ solutions. They employ 4,000 people across the UK. In addition to achieving ‘Investors In People’ accreditation, they won the Queens Awards for enterprise and international trade. They are entering a period of expansion offering exciting opportunities to work at the forefront of technology.
Salary: £ Excellent please enquire
Key Skills: Systems Lifecycle, Lead, Requirements and Integration
You will be working as part of the Project Team on a major project – this will involve working with senior stakeholders in the programme area and the wider Procurement function.
This Lead Systems Engineering vacancy presents an exciting opportunity for an individual to develop and grow, ultimately into the project team's Design Authority. The successful candidate will be involved in a technology refresh programme to address existing obsolescence and serviceability issues for the Land and Maritime elements that combine to provide an overall EW training equipment capability to provide joint forces with realistic training scenarios when faced with hostile electromagnetic environments.
In order to fulfill the requirements of this role you will need to be experienced in all aspects of the Systems Engineering lifecycle from Requirements engineering through to Qualification and Integration support. The role will involve frequent and effective multi-functional interaction and communication i.e. Engineering Management, Electronics, Hardware, Mechanical, Software.
- Robust capture and review of design artefacts for all stages in the engineering lifecycle.
- Ownership and management of technical interfaces to existing systems and newly introduced hardware and services.
- Technical leadership and development for a multi-disciplined team of engineers.
- Interaction with equipment suppliers to clarify system level technical aspects.
- Supporting the development of current and future Systems architectures/designs (including Systems of Systems) and their implementation.
Creation and on-going management of the technical content of the projects Engineering Management Plan.
- Extensive experience of the Systems Engineering lifecycle, from development and management of requirements through to acceptance testing.
- Previous experience working on large scale platform integration projects.
- Experience performing Functional analysis and Specification development.
- Familiarity with the creation, management and dissemination of Product Breakdown Structures (PBS) and Work Breakdown Structures (WBS).
- Management experience working with other Engineering disciplines and external suppliers/customers.
- Conducting, analysing and reporting of qualification testing to support design certification.
- Hands on experience and knowledge in the following technical domains: RF, EW, ECM, EA, Data Management, Communications.
- Working knowledge of DOORS for requirements management.
- Previous Design Authority experience working on working on large scale System-of-Systems projects.
- Experience mentoring and coaching of others
Apply for this job
Our Commitment to you
Here at Cordius Ltd. we work closely with our candidates to ensure that we provide you with a first class recruitment service. Our recruitment consultants seek to ensure that both the needs of the employer and the candidate are met, therefore producing a cohesive relationship and the best chance of success. Our Candidate Management Team is dedicated to helping you make the most of your CV and to aid you in the recruitment process through offering advice on interview techniques and construction of your CV.
Read our Terms & Conditions