Our client in Nottingham are looking to create a new development team, building out Quantitative Analytics data models. These will be built on an Analytics Platform and run on cloud-native Big Data technologies.
Salary - £70,000 - £75,0000 + Benefits
Location – Nottingham
This is the perfect opportunity for a talented and passionate Software Engineer with experience of Big Data to lead and work closely with the Core Platform team to evolve and build upon a Public Cloud based Analytics Platform.
- Engage with product owners, architects and other specialists
- Build and maintain efficient, reusable, reliable and secure code based on User Stories
- Developing enterprise software, adhering to company standards within a multi-functional Agile team
- To ensure the team delivers reliable, robust software through the use of unit and integration automated tests
- Mentor and review work of peers and more Junior Developers
- Provide leadership in Agile retrospectives and Reviews, inspecting and adapting to find innovative ways to make the team work more effectively through refinement and planning sessions
Technical Skills and Competencies:
- Experience of technical leadership for a project of workstream
- Strong practical knowledge and experience of Java and/or related technologies
- Ability to work in an Agile team environment
- Knowledge/experience of the Hadoop technology stack e.g. HBase, Impala, Hive, Spark etc
- Proficient using source code management tools such as Git
- Proficient with CI/CD tools
For further information please contact Cordius today. Cordius are an IT Recruitment Specialist with over 15 years’ experience within the tech industry around the East Midlands. Our experienced team of consultants offer professional and transparent services to match the individual needs of both clients and candidates.
Apply for this job
Our Commitment to you
Here at Cordius Ltd. we work closely with our candidates to ensure that we provide you with a first class recruitment service. Our recruitment consultants seek to ensure that both the needs of the employer and the candidate are met, therefore producing a cohesive relationship and the best chance of success. Our Candidate Management Team is dedicated to helping you make the most of your CV and to aid you in the recruitment process through offering advice on interview techniques and construction of your CV.
Read our Terms & Conditions