Embedded Software Engineer
Cordius is the exclusive recruitment partner to a leading privately owned Research & Development organisation in Derby. Their multi-disciplined experts have a significant track record in applied solution engineering, designing and developing cutting edge technology products.
They have the strategic objective of assisting the UK to develop world class Cyber solutions and you will join a successful and highly motivated R&D team with a passion for new technologies creating unique, leading edge, embedded technology of the highest standard.
Most suited to Embedded Software Engineers with 2 years post grad industry experience this is a superb opportunity to become a part of a rapidly growing company supporting the UK Crypto industry.
You will be responsible for developing innovative products and systems and must be able to demonstrate strong design and coding skills, with a desire to explore ideas and, above all, have a passion for quality. You will have the ability to work in a team and on your own initiative, have an eye for detail and be good at identifying problems whilst suggesting prospective solutions.
- Analysis of customer requirements to produce maintainable designs.
- Developing and delivering work to schedule.
- Participating in code and documentation reviews.
- Providing estimates for tasks.
- Providing input to technical authors producing documentation.
- Working with support engineers on customer issues.
- Performing third party software integrations.
- Embedded Software Engineering with C, C++ experience (1-2 years post-graduation).
- Minimum 2:1 1st degree in Computer Science or equivalent STEM subject.
- Practical experience of defensive programming techniques, and the application of coding standards, (MISRA or similar quality source code conformance specification).
- Some experience of Software modelling techniques, static, dynamic analysis, code coverage and software configuration management.
- Good written and oral communication skills with a diagnostic approach.
- Ability to obtain/maintain a (UKIC) Security Check (DV) without restrictions.
- Can demonstrate a breadth of software engineering experience spanning bare metal, and a variety of Multi-Threaded Real Time Operating Systems across a diverse range of processor types. Scope of experience (ideally) to include Board Support Packages and MMU integration and (ideally) familiarity with Trusted Execution Environments.
- Proficiency with scripting languages such as Ruby, Groovy, Python, Perl and Bash.
- Practical experience of network security and vulnerability analysis including Fuzzing technique.
- Proficient in JTAG/ETM debugging tools.
- Post Graduate (MSc or equivalent) applicable STEM subject.
- £30,000 - £37,500
- Flexible working hours.
- A comprehensive relocation package is available
Location: Derby, East Midlands
If you think you’ve got what it takes, we’d love to hear from you!
Apply for this job
Our Commitment to you
Here at Cordius Ltd. we work closely with our candidates to ensure that we provide you with a first class recruitment service. Our recruitment consultants seek to ensure that both the needs of the employer and the candidate are met, therefore producing a cohesive relationship and the best chance of success. Our Candidate Management Team is dedicated to helping you make the most of your CV and to aid you in the recruitment process through offering advice on interview techniques and construction of your CV.
Read our Terms & Conditions