Project Assurance Engineer
The Company is an international leader in electronic and information technologies for defence systems, aerospace, data, infrastructures, land security and protection and sustainable ’smart’ solutions. They employ 4,000 people across the UK. In addition to achieving ‘Investors In People’ accreditation, they won the Queens Awards for enterprise and international trade. They are entering a period of expansion offering exciting opportunities to work at the forefront of technology.
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000
Key Skills: Project Assurance, Quality Requirements. AS9100D, Supply Chain, SAP
The ideal candidate will be directly supporting new project development in a number of Military Airborne applications sector within the Precision Guidance Business, ensuring quality is driven in at the front end of the design and maintained through the product Lifecycle.
Key Responsibility Areas:
- Effective capture and implementation of Customer-specific Quality Requirements (Incl: Def. Stans and AQAPs)
- Ensuring that requirements are articulated in Management Plans, Engineering Specifications and Drawings
- The Quality Management of the project's international Supply Chain, via effective flow-down of quality requirements, Surveillance Audits and First Article Verification Activities
- Monitoring the effectiveness of project realisation activities, and reporting status to Senior Management and QA (e.g. witness testing, review and approval of engineering documents and software)
- Management of Project quality issues (e.g. C of Cs, Advice Notes, Concessions)
- Act as the primarily focal point of contact, on all customer project quality issues. (incl. Complaint Management), and the Supply Chain
- In consultation with the PM / Subcontract Management ensure the Quality of Deliverables from Supply Chain
- Conduct Data Analysis (MRB / FRB) and report preparation activities on behalf of the Project Assurance Manager and Project Managers
- Support the Project Assurance Manager in managing the AS9100D Management System Requirements and conducting Internal Audit against a Program that ensures activities are conducted in accordance with the defined management system
- Bid support and the planning of Project Assurance effort for budgeting purposes
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
- Self-motivated individual who works on own initiative and is comfortable leading or being of a team
- Several years practical experience working in a quality assurance / project assurance discipline within an electronic design and manufacture environment preferably in Defence Industry
- Extensive knowledge of the requirements of AS9100 / ISO 9001 (and equivalent standards e.g. AQAP, Def Stans etc)
- Have the ability to obtain SC level of security clearance
- Management of complex, demanding international Supply Chain
- The management and conducting First Article Verification Activities, for complex systems
- Computer literate, ability to use, review and interrogate data held on the management system (SAP)
- Prepare reports in line with company processes (MS Office etc)
- Communication skills, ability to deliver detailed information to customers at all levels within the business (e.g. attend high-level meetings, deliver clear and concise presentations)
- Detailed knowledge of Advanced Quality Planning Tools, 8D, and Process FMEAs
- Ability to lead a multiple disciplined Assurance Teams
- Preparation and execution of detailed SMART Quality
- Assurance Plans within a project environment
- Demonstrable knowledge of customer and supplier liaison
- At least 4 years' experience of quality auditing, including within the Supply Chain environment
- Experience with US Prime Contractor / Government contracts including the Flow down of FAR's and DFAR's.
Cordius Recruitment team offers unrivalled expertise; a flexible and personal approach of successful recruitment within Engineering, Supply Chain and Technical disciplines - our highly experienced team of specialist consultants offer professional and transparent services to match the individual needs of both clients and candidates.
Apply for this job
Our Commitment to you
Here at Cordius Ltd. we work closely with our candidates to ensure that we provide you with a first class recruitment service. Our recruitment consultants seek to ensure that both the needs of the employer and the candidate are met, therefore producing a cohesive relationship and the best chance of success. Our Candidate Management Team is dedicated to helping you make the most of your CV and to aid you in the recruitment process through offering advice on interview techniques and construction of your CV.
Read our Terms & Conditions