Site Reliability Engineer
Our client has recently launched a cloud-based, API-driven service that connects customers with the best financial products for their needs. They have already gone live with a major partner, resulting in a major uplift in customer engagement. They are using some of the latest technologies and development patterns, building and managing ‘true’ microservices, using NodeJS, MongoDb, Google Cloud, Kubernetes, Docker, Tyk API gateway, CircleCI, and much more.
They believe that if something is worth building, it is worth building right. They choose the latest tools and technologies that help them deliver amazing software and stay ahead of their competitors. They operate as a truly agile business; they don’t think it’s just something that the dev team do. They believe in the SOLID principles, design patterns and clean code; they believe in creating systems that are built for integration; they believe that all software should be built test-first, with automated QA at the heart of the engineering team; they believe that DevOps is a full team responsibility - a mindset, not a job title; they believe that software should be built for true continuous delivery (release early, release often). Furthermore, they believe that great software development teams should have a culture of mutual support, continuous learning, ownership… and fun!
Supporting an existing Lead Site Reliability Engineer the role involves ...
- Working closely with Product and Development teams in a dynamic, fast-growing and innovative business
- Implementing and providing best practice recommendations on operating a highly available, performant and secure “cloud-first” system
- Ensuring they have excellent visibility into how their system is performing and the necessary alerting in place to tell them when it isn’t
- Improving their development workflow and tooling to make the experience as dependable and frictionless as possible
- Aligning workloads into sprints alongside a distributed Development team
- Providing out-of-hours support for incident response -
- Dealing with broad range of technologies: microservice architecture, Kubernetes, Node.js, MongoDB, Terraform
- Occasional travel between London-Nottingham
We're looking for ...
- 1-2 years experience in either an SRE-role or exposure to related technologies
- Good awareness of information security risks and principles
- They operate in a field with many innovative technologies where established conventions may not yet exist. As such they encourage open technical discussions, and expect all team members to actively contribute to making merit-based decisions
- Enthusiasm for your area of technical expertise and applying your knowledge under a challenging workload
- Recognition of the reasons behind a strong DevOps ethos and related concepts
- Proficiency with at least one coding or scripting language
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
- Passion for keeping up-to-date with and adopting new technologies
- Experience operating a cloud environment (ideally one of Azure/GCP/AWS)
Salary and Benefits:
- Pension scheme (3% employer; 5% employee)
- Flexible benefits package worth up to £800 a year (pro-rated in first year)
- 25 days holiday (with the option to buy more)
- Life Assurance Bonus scheme
- Flexible working
- Investment in training and conferences
- 10% time to develop new ideas and experiment with new technologies
- Modern, spacious office environment with free tea, coffee and fruit
If you think you’ve got what it takes, we’d love to hear from you!
Apply for this job
Our Commitment to you
Here at Cordius Ltd. we work closely with our candidates to ensure that we provide you with a first class recruitment service. Our recruitment consultants seek to ensure that both the needs of the employer and the candidate are met, therefore producing a cohesive relationship and the best chance of success. Our Candidate Management Team is dedicated to helping you make the most of your CV and to aid you in the recruitment process through offering advice on interview techniques and construction of your CV.
Read our Terms & Conditions