Microwave Design Engineer
The Company is an international leader in electronic and information technologies for defence systems, aerospace, data, infrastructures, land security and protection and sustainable ’smart’ solutions. They employ 4,000 people across the UK. In addition to achieving ‘Investors In People’ accreditation, they won the Queens Awards for enterprise and international trade. They are entering a period of expansion offering exciting opportunities to work at the forefront of technology.
Key Skills: Microwave Design, RF Elements, EW Systems, CAE Tools
We are looking for talented, enthusiastic, hardworking Engineers to join the Microwave design team; your role will involve in the design of Microwave/RF elements of EW systems installed on fast jet, UAV, land and naval platforms.
You will get the opportunity to develop your skills and take part in the design of exciting new products. Supported by world class experts you will design Microwave/RF systems that work to beyond 20GHz. This role may even take you across the UK or abroad for technical reviews.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required:
- You should ideally have a first degree (2.1 or above) in Electronic Engineering, Physics or general Engineering, whilst a related MSc, PhD or EngD would be an asset.
- Extensive knowledge of RF Circuit design techniques using CAE tools using Agilent ADS, Microwave Office or CST Microwave Studio is essential.
- For this role specific experience in the design of GaAs/GaN based TRMs would be an advantage.
- We will support your personal development with training and help you to work towards professional accreditation if you wish.
- We work in a modern, flexible environment that can accommodate your personal needs wherever possible.
- Due to the nature of the tasks involved, any candidate being considered must have 5 years UK residency in order to achieve full SC security clearance.
Cordius Ltd team offers unrivalled expertise; a flexible and personal approach of successful recruitment within Engineering, Supply Chain and Technical disciplines - our highly experienced team of specialist consultants offer professional and transparent services to match the individual needs of both clients and candidates.
Apply for this job
Our Commitment to you
Here at Cordius Ltd. we work closely with our candidates to ensure that we provide you with a first class recruitment service. Our recruitment consultants seek to ensure that both the needs of the employer and the candidate are met, therefore producing a cohesive relationship and the best chance of success. Our Candidate Management Team is dedicated to helping you make the most of your CV and to aid you in the recruitment process through offering advice on interview techniques and construction of your CV.
Read our Terms & Conditions