Senior Sub-Contract Buyer
Senior Sub-Contract Buyer
The Company is an international leader in electronic and information technologies for defence systems, aerospace, data, infrastructures, land security and protection and sustainable ’smart’ solutions. They employ 4,000 people across the UK. In addition to achieving ‘Investors In People’ accreditation, they won the Queens Awards for enterprise and international trade. They are entering a period of expansion offering exciting opportunities to work at the forefront of technology.
Salary: £ Excellent, negotiable.
Key Skills: Sub-contract management, Procurement, Supply Chain, Projects, SAP
This is an exciting role which will offer a broad range of opportunities to develop and grow in the Procurement profession. We are looking for a skilled and proactive person who can lead the procurement activities within Integrated Project teams (IPTs). Operating within the Procurement & IMS (Integrated Mission Systems) Integrated Project Team in the EW Line of Business. This role will predominantly operate within the IMS team providing support to key programmes within IMS UK, export and Electronic Warfare and Cyber. The role will see the Sub-Contract Buyer source; negotiate with existing and new suppliers, sourcing a range of products and services while working with a high level of independence whilst remaining motivated. Innovation, collaboration, risk and opportunity exploitation, cost reduction and quality are all key parameters for this role.
Key Responsibility Areas
• Actively support the Procurement team to meet and deliver project /programme objectives
• Draft and prepare routine quotations, purchase orders, other standard agreements and internal approvals in line with standard formats.
• Drive and lead the generation and review of 'appropriate' contracts, specifications and Statement of Work
• Work with stakeholders in order to understand Internal Customer demand
• Leads, evaluates and negotiates the Request for Quotation (RFQ) process
• Develop and implement robust supply chain relationships to support the business goals
• Be responsible for the success or failure of the suppliers performance
• Develop and monitor cost / lead-time reduction targets, by demonstrating value for money
• Capture engineering requirements and communicate to the supply base
• Analyse, process, confirm and communicate requirements to the supplier
• Negotiate dead-lines/quantities and prices with suppliers
• Measure and analyse supplier performance in coordination with the functional requirements and if their targets are not being reached, set up internal and external action plans in close cooperation with the stakeholders.
• Participate in: IPT meetings , Supplier business reviews, Influencing category strategies
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
• Candidate must be self-motivated and willing to take on new challenges.
• Familiar with the contents of suppliers' contracts
• An understanding of legal aspects and an ability to negotiate bespoke terms and conditions
• Ability to balance priorities and manage time effectively
• Good interpersonal skills, able to communicate effectively at all levels internally and externally.
• Background and experience of procuring both products and services is preferred
• Civil / Defence / Aerospace experience would be beneficial
• An awareness of different Export Controls associated with contracting within the Defence/Aerospace industry
• Experience of SAP is advantageous
• Good IT skills including MS Office
Regular travel / UK Office based / DSE Working to tight deadlines
Cordius Ltd team offers unrivalled expertise; a flexible and personal approach of successful recruitment within Engineering, Supply Chain and Technical disciplines - our highly experienced team of specialist consultants offer professional and transparent services to match the individual needs of both clients and candidates.
Apply for this job
Our Commitment to you
Here at Cordius Ltd. we work closely with our candidates to ensure that we provide you with a first class recruitment service. Our recruitment consultants seek to ensure that both the needs of the employer and the candidate are met, therefore producing a cohesive relationship and the best chance of success. Our Candidate Management Team is dedicated to helping you make the most of your CV and to aid you in the recruitment process through offering advice on interview techniques and construction of your CV.
Read our Terms & Conditions