The Company is an international leader in electronic and information technologies for defence systems, aerospace, data, infrastructures, land security and protection and sustainable ’smart’ solutions. They employ 4,000 people across the UK. In addition to achieving ‘Investors In People’ accreditation, they won the Queens Awards for enterprise and international trade. They are entering a period of expansion offering exciting opportunities to work at the forefront of technology.
Salary: Competitive with excellent benefits
Sensor to effects performance modelling and analysis to assess mission effectiveness and survivability and to inform conceptual system designs for an integrated airborne capability
Key Role Attributes
Systems Modelling | Mission Effectiveness | Survivability Analysis | MATLAB & Simulink | Airborne EW Sensor & Communication Systems | RF, EO / IR Sensor Mission Performance | Future Concept & Design Development |
What will you do?
- Cutting-Edge : You will be part of ‘Team Tempest’ (announced at the 2018 Farnborough International Airshow), developing state-of-the-art airborne electronic systems for the most advanced fighter aircraft ever to be made.
- Innovative : You will be involved with novel product development and emerging technologies that have been supported by £200m annual investment in research and development.
- Challenging : This project will push the boundaries of innovation, technology, and the ingenuity of our engineering community to bring about a step change in performance and capability of our airborne electronic systems.
- Collaborative : Leonardo’s participation in Team Tempest will involve UK-wide collaboration across multiple business areas including, Electronic Warfare, Radar Systems, and Communication Systems.
- Customer-Focused : You will be supporting the future needs of the UK Royal Air Force and working closely with our customer will be vital to ensure that our solutions meet their future operational needs.
What key skills and experience do you require?
- Strong background in modelling & simulation of platforms and emitters in a dynamic environment .
- Substantial experience in modelling RF, EO / IR sensor systems and environments.
- Knowledge of EW technology , performance, operational capabilities, and use (DAS, EO / IR, Radar, Comms)
- High proficiency in the use of mathematical modelling tools such as MATLAB and Simulink .
- Extensive experience of stakeholder interaction with customers and industrial partners.
- Excellent written and verbal presentation ability .
What will you do?
- Creation of representative, dynamic platform, mission, sensor, communication, and threat system models .
- Conduct dynamic systems modelling and simulation of integrated mission / sensor / communications systems.
- Translate mission types (e.g. ABAD, SEAD, ISR, etc.) into executable mission scenarios .
- Liaise with sensor and communication technical specialist teams to define and execute simulation environment.
- Perform analysis of integrated mission scenarios to assess mission effectiveness and survivability .
- Liaison with OA specialists from customer and industry partner organisations.
- Technical reporting of key findings and recommendations for delivery to customers & industry partners.
- Travel within the UK to meet with our customers and industry partners.
What will this role provide you with?
- Prestige : You can be at the forefront of the provision of a truly significant UK defence programme; Tempest.
- Influence : You will be able to apply your knowledge and experience to influence the next generation of sensor and communication systems for a next generation combat aircraft.
- Teamwork : You will work alongside like-minded professional engineers in a highly collaborative environment.
- Continuous Learning : You’ll be supported in your ongoing professional development though training and mentoring.
- Connections : You will be joining an expansive team of around 7,000 people at six major sites across the UK.
- Legacy : We are proud of our rich heritage in Electronic Warfare (EW); over 100 years of EW history. Today we’re providing the latest advances in radio frequency technology and you can be part of the next 100 year legacy.
Cordius Ltd team offers unrivalled expertise; a flexible and personal approach of successful recruitment within Engineering, Supply Chain and Technical disciplines - our highly experienced team of specialist consultants offer professional and transparent services to match the individual needs of both clients and candidates.
Apply for this job
Our Commitment to you
Here at Cordius Ltd. we work closely with our candidates to ensure that we provide you with a first class recruitment service. Our recruitment consultants seek to ensure that both the needs of the employer and the candidate are met, therefore producing a cohesive relationship and the best chance of success. Our Candidate Management Team is dedicated to helping you make the most of your CV and to aid you in the recruitment process through offering advice on interview techniques and construction of your CV.
Read our Terms & Conditions