The Company is an international leader in electronic and information technologies for defence systems, aerospace, data, infrastructures, land security and protection and sustainable ’smart’ solutions. They employ 4,000 people across the UK. In addition to achieving ‘Investors In People’ accreditation, they won the Queens Awards for enterprise and international trade. They are entering a period of expansion offering exciting opportunities to work at the forefront of technology.
Salary: £Negotiable + excellent benefits
Key Skills: Sub-contract management, Procurement, Supply Chain, Projects, SAP
Working within the Support and Service Solutions (S3) UK Line of Business you will be required to support bids and projects with customer engagement and contracts management. You will help ensure that good business is won and successfully delivered by applying best practice and functional governance processes adherence. You will work under a level of supervision from your line manager within a multi-disciplined Integrated Project Team (IPT) and act as the commercial point of contact for the customer. You will prepare pricing and offers and help develop the commercial content for the bids and proposals. You will be responsible for processing offers through our order processing system and ensuring customer and billing milestones are adhered to. You will support customer negotiations and the agreement of terms and conditions for a number of agreement forms, both legally binding and non-legal agreements. You will also help develop the customer relationship and look for opportunities to secure additional or follow on work. You will support multiple project teams at a number of locations and be required to travel to support these teams occasionally.
- Work in multi-disciplined project teams, providing commercial and contract management support
- Process Customer orders through SAP business management system
- Act as the customer's key point of contact for all contractual matters
- Prepare and submit standard letters of offer
- Assist in the preparation of the Commercial Proposal
- Working with the Legal Department and the Project teams, prepare, draft and negotiate Customer terms and conditions of contract and other non-standard agreements
- Support the commercial bid approval process in accordance with the company's procedures
- Work closely with the Procurement and Finance functions to ensure key Customer Terms and Conditions are flowed down into supplier terms and conditions, and customer billing and payments are carried out timely
- Support Project meetings as required
- Identify areas for personal development to enhance capabilities that add value to the business
- Develop a strong customer relationship that enables opportunities for follow on orders and additional work
- Help identify key commercial risks and bring them to the attention of the IPT
- Understand and help manage export compliance
- Understand and help manage confidential information
- Understand and help manage intellectual property
Assist in the identification of alternative commercial models for contracting/ business return that helps secure new business
- Understanding of a basic business finance, profit and loss, margin and mark up, escalation, foreign exchange
- Basic Understanding of export compliance. ITAR, EAR, import taxes and duties
- Understanding of contract law and its application.
- Identifying and understand commercial risks
- Relationship building skills with cross-functional colleagues, customers and suppliers
- A familiarity with SAP and its functionality is desirable
- Microsoft Office knowledge and application of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Good communication skills, written and oral and presentations skills.
- Proactive, tenacious, results driven
- Copes with moderate pressure
- A team player
- Ability to work unsupervised at times and sometimes with virtual project teams
- A desire to learn and improve self
- Some UK travel to other sites and customers may be required
Some (very limited) overseas travel opportunities
Cordius Ltd team offers unrivalled expertise; a flexible and personal approach of successful recruitment within Engineering, Supply Chain and Technical disciplines - our highly experienced team of specialist consultants offer professional and transparent services to match the individual needs of both clients and candidates.
Apply for this job
Our Commitment to you
Here at Cordius Ltd. we work closely with our candidates to ensure that we provide you with a first class recruitment service. Our recruitment consultants seek to ensure that both the needs of the employer and the candidate are met, therefore producing a cohesive relationship and the best chance of success. Our Candidate Management Team is dedicated to helping you make the most of your CV and to aid you in the recruitment process through offering advice on interview techniques and construction of your CV.
Read our Terms & Conditions