Principal Configuration Engineer
Key Skills: Configuration Management, CM, PDM systems, Design
Principal Configuration Engineer
This role is for a Principal Configuration Engineer for Land & Naval in the UK at Project level. Based at Southampton but will also cover adhoc travel to their sites in the UK when necessary.
The role includes reviewing customer CM & PDM requirements; identifying applicable Technical, Physical and Procedural controls and defining associated requirements; authoring Configuration Management plans; conducting, documenting and managing configuration control boards when required and helping to develop and manage robust product design and build standard control.
Aircraft Division offers a complete in-service configuration management in order to drive each aircraft upgrade or maintenance plan. For this reason each engineering modification is tracked and managed from the definition to the complete embodiment.
This is a discipline based on technical and management methods for defining, governing and tracing “Configuration”. Configuration Management will be applied on each Configuration Item defined as a component, module, sub-assembly, apparatus, technical manual, software or ground support equipment (or his sub-assy) that may be the subject to separate procurement.
- Generation of Configuration Management Plans
- Managing CM related activates required by the company PDM system (Team Centre)
- Definition of Configuration requirements derived from Customer requirements, Company requirements and emergent properties of the design.
- Liaising with all areas of the business on project CM related issues.
- Producing CM related metrics at project level to feed into CM at a functional level.
- Chairing Configuration Control Board meetings.
- Configuration Management and Planning: Highly skilled in the knowledge of CM Management & Planning activities. Fully versed with the requirements of international CM & experienced in the development of such through interaction with customers, partners & suppliers
- Configuration Identification: Highly knowledgeable in configuration identification arena.
Able to establish & apply configuration identification activities. Capable of generating am communicating the project requirements in line with the project need.
- Configuration Change Management: Highly knowledgeable in configuration change management. Able to represent CM and run a CCB to confirm the business impact of proposed changes & at international CCB to present company decisions. Capable of managing conflicts in business change decisions
- Configuration Status Accounting: Knowledgeable in managing the CSA activities & understanding the importance and need for verifying requests for CSA reports. Capable of defining and managing partner & subcontractor CSA information, analysing the information & supporting the production of metrics & KPI requirements.
- Configuration Verification & Audit
- Reporting Skills
- Demonstrate Honesty and Integrity
- Challenge IPTs and Senior Management on CM& PDM related issues
- Able to acquire new technical knowledge on the job
- Strong and pragmatic problem solving approach
Cordius Ltd team offers unrivalled expertise; a flexible and personal approach of successful recruitment within Engineering, Supply Chain and Technical disciplines - our highly experienced team of specialist consultants offer professional and transparent services, to match the individual needs of both clients and candidates
Apply for this job
Our Commitment to you
Here at Cordius Ltd. we work closely with our candidates to ensure that we provide you with a first class recruitment service. Our recruitment consultants seek to ensure that both the needs of the employer and the candidate are met, therefore producing a cohesive relationship and the best chance of success. Our Candidate Management Team is dedicated to helping you make the most of your CV and to aid you in the recruitment process through offering advice on interview techniques and construction of your CV.
Read our Terms & Conditions