Software Team Leader
Software Team Leader (.NET, C#)
The Company is an international leader in electronic and information technologies for defence systems, aerospace, data, infrastructures, land security and protection and sustainable ’smart’ solutions. They employ 4,000 people across the UK. In addition to achieving ‘Investors In People’ accreditation, they won the Queens Awards for enterprise and international trade. They are entering a period of expansion offering exciting opportunities to work at the forefront of technology.
Salary: £ Negotiable + Excellent benefits
Key Skills: C#, .NET, WinForms , SQL, Architect, EW, DAS, Mission Data, Data Analysis, RADAR, Team Tempest, Team Leader.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing Electronic Warfare business and take the next step in your career. As a world leader in electronic systems the advanced technology is defining the next generation of products as well as being installed on existing helicopters, fast-jet and unmanned air vehicles. Following new product launches and the award of key contracts our client are looking for motivated and adaptable Software Team Leaders.
Overview and relevant product family:
• Our technology helps define and extend the capability of the Eurofighter Typhoon.
• Our research and innovation is defining and shaping future Air, Land and Sea products and platforms.
• Our life-saving defensive aid suites are fitted on all of the UK's military helicopters, including the Army's battle-tested Apache and the Royal Navy's new AW159 Wildcats.
• Our products help return service men and women safely home to their families.
If you enjoy a challenge and want to continue to create software with tangible results combined with leading a team of engineers, this is a great opportunity to bring your talents to our world class facility.
Key Responsibility Areas
Your software skills will be utilised across the full software lifecycle with the opportunity to contribute towards the investigation and analysis of leading edge development methodologies and influence the future path of software development.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
You should have a degree level qualification (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline with experience of developing software in industry or a research and development organisation. In addition you will be expected to have some of the following:
• Windows application development experience with C# and the .NET framework.
• Knowledge of the Microsoft development toolchain.
• Knowledge of current industry best practice software development processes including Agile.
• Leading a team providing technical direction, coaching and mentoring of team members.
• Estimating, planning, allocation and deployment of team member's workload to ensure that deliveries are met to time, budget and quality constraints.
• Reporting against teams work programmes including analysis of risk.
• Ensuring team size capability mix is optimised for successful delivery of work packages.
This forward thinking company will support your personal development with training and help you work towards professional accreditation. Once you join you will benefit from everything you would expect from an industry leading, people focused company including flexible working arrangements and an award-winning pension scheme.
Due to the nature of the tasks involved, you must be able to satisfy the necessary security clearance for the role applied for and meet a minimum of 5 years permanent residency in the UK.
Cordius Ltd team offers unrivalled expertise; a flexible and personal approach of successful recruitment within Engineering, Supply Chain and Technical disciplines - our highly experienced team of specialist consultants offer professional and transparent services to match the individual needs of both clients and candidates.
Apply for this job
Our Commitment to you
Here at Cordius Ltd. we work closely with our candidates to ensure that we provide you with a first class recruitment service. Our recruitment consultants seek to ensure that both the needs of the employer and the candidate are met, therefore producing a cohesive relationship and the best chance of success. Our Candidate Management Team is dedicated to helping you make the most of your CV and to aid you in the recruitment process through offering advice on interview techniques and construction of your CV.
Read our Terms & Conditions