Principal Systems Engineer
Location: Lincoln Key Skills: Leadership, Systems Experience, Electronics Design & Development , RF/Sensor experience.
Key Benefits: A great place to work with excellent holiday, award winning pension, flexible working and many more, including help with relocation if required. Job Description
We are looking for Senior Systems Engineers who have the knowledge and experience to support and lead aspects of the development of current and next generation airborne RF sensor and communication electronic systems within the Electronic Warfare domain.
Key Responsibility Areas
Working at a senior level within a multi-disciplined team, you will provide technical leadership and coordination for systems engineering activities across the lifecycle to deliver designated products or other alternative project delivery solutions.
You should be familiar with full product lifecycles and have a strong aptitude for leadership, problem-solving and decision-making.
Experience of people management and technical leadership is also a must, as well as the proven ability to deliver to agreed cost, schedule, and quality performance targets.
Your role will require you to develop excellent working relationships with customers and therefore an element of travel within the UK and abroad is to be anticipated.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
You should have as a minimum an undergraduate degree in Engineering or related scientific discipline, alongside experience of the following: • Understanding of airborne RF electronics technology, performance, operational capabilities, and use
• Leading aspects of product design, development and delivery
• Working across the full engineering lifecycle
• Managing all levels of requirements to enable design and development decisions
• Influencing requirements and design decisions
• Managing test and requirements traceability to achieve certification and delivery • Implementing and leading engineering lifecycle processes and reporting on key measures
• Team leadership and/or mentoring of junior personnel
• Planning and coordination of personnel and/or technical activities
• Working with and influencing key project stakeholders
• Developing and executing engineering plans, including the capture and management of risk
• Supporting the provision of cost/schedule estimates and performing peer review for others
• Manage and deliver WPs to cost, schedule, and quality requirements, iaw engineering processes and engineering plans
• Actively support knowledge sharing and exploitation of best practice We will support your continuing professional development with both formal and informal training opportunities. This is a modern, flexible environment that aims to accommodate your personal needs wherever possible.
Apply for this job
Our Commitment to you
Here at Cordius Ltd. we work closely with our candidates to ensure that we provide you with a first class recruitment service. Our recruitment consultants seek to ensure that both the needs of the employer and the candidate are met, therefore producing a cohesive relationship and the best chance of success. Our Candidate Management Team is dedicated to helping you make the most of your CV and to aid you in the recruitment process through offering advice on interview techniques and construction of your CV.
Read our Terms & Conditions