Benefits: Lots, including: flexible working, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, award winning pension scheme, supportive relocation package if needed and many more.
Key Skills: Electronics, RF Sensor Design, Systems.
The Company is an international leader in electronic and information technologies for Defence systems, aerospace, data, infrastructures, land security and protection and sustainable ’smart’ solutions. They employ 4,000 people across the UK. In addition to achieving ‘Investors In People’ accreditation, they won the Queens Awards for enterprise and international trade. They are entering a period of expansion offering exciting opportunities to work at the forefront of technology.
We are seeking Systems Engineers who have the skills and experience, as well and the energy and enthusiasm to actively support the development of current and next generation airborne RF sensor and communication electronic systems within the Electronic Warfare domain.
Key Responsibility Areas
Working within a multi-disciplined team, you will be involved in a wide variety of activities across the systems engineering lifecycle. You will have the opportunity to interact with and learn from a wide-range of technical experts as well as engaging with our customer community. You will be involved in the development of cutting-edge sensor products and technologies, utilising industry-leading tools, techniques and process. You will have responsibility for supporting your team in achieving project delivery solutions in accordance with agreed schedules and to the required standards. You should be familiar with the overall systems engineering lifecycle and possess a strong aptitude for technical problem-solving and decision-making, as well as a desire for personal learning and development. Your role will require you to develop excellent working relationships with internal and external stakeholders and therefore an element of travel within the UK and abroad is to be anticipated.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
You should have as a minimum an undergraduate degree in Engineering or related scientific discipline, alongside experience of the following:
• Some familiarity with airborne RF electronics technology, performance, and operational concepts
• Supporting aspects of product design, development and delivery
• Understanding of the systems engineering lifecycle and review gates
• Creating, updating and managing requirements to enable correct flow-down and traceability
• Creating, updating and managing test procedures to prove requirements compliance
• Following engineering lifecycle processes and supporting the reporting of key measures
• Mentoring of junior personnel (e.g. STEM activities)
• Ability to effectively manage own time, potentially across multiple activities
• Working with a range of technical and non-technical project stakeholders across multiple disciplines • Contributing to the capture and management of risk
• Supporting the provision of cost/schedule estimates and performing peer review for others
• Actively support knowledge sharing and exploitation of best practice
Apply for this job
Our Commitment to you
Here at Cordius Ltd. we work closely with our candidates to ensure that we provide you with a first class recruitment service. Our recruitment consultants seek to ensure that both the needs of the employer and the candidate are met, therefore producing a cohesive relationship and the best chance of success. Our Candidate Management Team is dedicated to helping you make the most of your CV and to aid you in the recruitment process through offering advice on interview techniques and construction of your CV.
Read our Terms & Conditions