Principal Systems Engineer
The Company is an international leader in electronic and information technologies for defence systems, aerospace, data, infrastructures, land security and protection and sustainable ’smart’ solutions. They employ 4,000 people across the UK. In addition to achieving ‘Investors In People’ accreditation, they won the Queens Awards for enterprise and international trade. They are entering a period of expansion offering exciting opportunities to work at the forefront of technology.
Lots, including: flexible working, half day Fridays, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, award winning pension scheme, free gym membership, parental leave, restaurant, supportive relocation package if needed and many more.
Key Skills: Airborne RF Electronics Design & Development
We are seeking experienced Systems Engineers who have the knowledge and experience to support and lead aspects of the development of current and next-generation airborne RF sensor and communication electronic systems within the Electronic Warfare domain.
Working at a senior level within a multi-disciplined team, you will provide technical leadership and coordination for systems engineering activities across the lifecycle to deliver designated products or other alternative project delivery solutions. You should be familiar with the full product lifecycle and have a strong aptitude for leadership,
Problem-solving and decision-making.
You should have experience of people management and technical leadership, as well as the proven ability to deliver to agreed cost, schedule, and quality performance targets. Your role will require you to develop excellent working relationships with our customers and therefore an element of travel within the UK and abroad is to be anticipated. You should have as a minimum an undergraduate degree in Engineering or related scientific discipline, alongside experience of the following:
- Understanding of airborne RF electronics technology, performance, operational capabilities, and use
- Leading aspects of product design, development and delivery
- Working across the full engineering lifecycle
- Managing all levels of requirements to enable design and development decisions
- Influencing requirements and design decisions
- Managing test and requirements trace-ability to achieve certification and delivery
- Implementing and leading engineering lifecycle processes and reporting on key measures
- Team leadership and/or mentoring of junior personnel
- Planning and coordination of personnel and/or technical activities
- Working with and influencing key project stakeholders
- Developing and executing engineering plans, including the capture and management of risk
- Supporting the provision of cost/schedule estimates and performing peer review for others
- Manage and deliver WPs to cost, schedule, and quality requirements, Iaw engineering processes and engineering plans
Apply for this job
Our Commitment to you
Here at Cordius Ltd. we work closely with our candidates to ensure that we provide you with a first class recruitment service. Our recruitment consultants seek to ensure that both the needs of the employer and the candidate are met, therefore producing a cohesive relationship and the best chance of success. Our Candidate Management Team is dedicated to helping you make the most of your CV and to aid you in the recruitment process through offering advice on interview techniques and construction of your CV.
Read our Terms & Conditions