Capability Manager (Cyber)
The Company is an international leader in electronic and information technologies for defence systems, aerospace, data, infrastructures, land security and protection and sustainable ’smart’ solutions. They employ 4,000 people across the UK. In addition to achieving ‘Investors In People’ accreditation, they won the Queens Awards for enterprise and international trade. They are entering a period of expansion offering exciting opportunities to work at the forefront of technology.
Salary: £Excellent with fantastic benefits – please enquire
Key Skills: Capability manager, Growth, Cyber experience
The boundary between conventional Electronic Warfare and Cyber has blurred and this is recognised though the Cyber & Electromagnetic Activities (CEMA) joint doctrine. The company is building on its market leading RF Electronic Counter Measures (ECM) capabilities into RF Cyber and is the UK leader in this evolving capability. The Capability Manager RF Cyber is the internal customer and capability lead for this product line, matching products and technologies with customer needs and providing technical support to business winning activities.
- Growth of RF Cyber business area
- Exploitation of existing ECM technologies for RF Cyber
- Lead definition and monitor execution of product R&D investment in designated LoP
- Product strategy objectives for designated LoP with milestones.
- Right Capability at the right price
- To shape the offering in this developing market
- To ensure effective technical support is provided to business winning activities, working in close partnership with Sales & IPT.
- To develop and maintain relationships with customers, key suppliers and partners to directly support the definition and direction of future capabilities and allocation of budgets.
- To collaborate with the Chief engineer and Heads of Engineering Projects to ensure the correct balance between capability and cost (NRE and UPC) is achieved.
- To ensure proper and effective technical governance and delivery of consistent technology best practice across designated Lines of Products within the EW LoB.
- To provide technical leadership from the top and through sharing knowledge and experience develop others within the IPT and across the business.
- Information (e.g. Travel Requirements)
- Support business winning in achieving customer intimacy through preparation of proposals and technical support to campaigns.
- Leveraging existing relationships within UK to position Leonardo as the lead RF Cyber System Integrator.
- Provide specialist technical advice and support to customers (existing and potential future)
- Understanding the market for the designated Line of Product (LoP) in terms of both current capability, future needs and the competition.
- Acting as the customer, specification and maintenance of
- Capability Requirements for products/services within the designated LoP
- Leading definition of the product strategy for designated Line of Products and maintaining route maps.
- Collaborating with Chief Technologist to ensure Applied
- Research provides the technology to underpin the LoP strategy.
- On behalf of the Technology/Line of Product IPT leader owning the Product Business Plan & defining the investment plans (including Product Development) for all relevant products & services.
- Identifying potential industrial partners relevant to the designated LoP and supporting the development of Line of Business partnering strategies. Degree in Engineering (or related discipline) or Military Experience
- Experience of RF Cyber
- UK SC Clearance
- Strategic thinking
- Excellent Communicator
- Able to influence and manage customers and partners
Chairing Solution Reviews to ensuring the customer value proposition is optimised and the solution is consistent with Leonardo product strategy
Cordius Ltd team offers unrivalled expertise; a flexible and personal approach of successful recruitment within Engineering, Supply Chain and Technical disciplines - our highly experienced team of specialist consultants offer professional and transparent services to match the individual needs of both clients and candidates.
Apply for this job
Our Commitment to you
Here at Cordius Ltd. we work closely with our candidates to ensure that we provide you with a first class recruitment service. Our recruitment consultants seek to ensure that both the needs of the employer and the candidate are met, therefore producing a cohesive relationship and the best chance of success. Our Candidate Management Team is dedicated to helping you make the most of your CV and to aid you in the recruitment process through offering advice on interview techniques and construction of your CV.
Read our Terms & Conditions