Software Quality Engineer
The Company is an international leader in electronic and information technologies for defence systems, aerospace, data, infrastructures, land security and protection and sustainable ’smart’ solutions. They employ 4,000 people across the UK. In addition to achieving ‘Investors In People’ accreditation, they won the Queens Awards for enterprise and international trade. They are entering a period of expansion offering exciting opportunities to work at the forefront of technology.
Salary: £Negotiable + Excellent benefits + help with relocation
Key Skills: Safety Critical Software Quality (eg: DO178B)
This is an exciting opportunity to join a Quality Team based in stunning Edinburgh, within Radar and Advanced Targeting and Support Solutions. A 50-strong quality function supporting a cross functional team of 2000; we are a multi-talented bunch who are at the cutting edge of inclusive, business focused quality.
You'll work on things like the radar for the Eurofighter Typhoon fighter jet, develop surveillance systems that are used by coastguards to save lives at sea, or perhaps systems to track and defeat missiles.
We have exciting opportunities for those with advanced software (and firmware) quality experience to solve real-life engineering problems on state-of-the-art projects.
Here's a few of the great things you can expect when you join the Edinburgh team:
Great work-life balance.
Life shouldn't be all work and no play. That's why we offer brilliant benefits like half days on Fridays, flexible hours, gym memberships, and many other lovely incentives to make life great. We also offer part time working arrangements.
You'll love Edinburgh.
There's a reason the Scottish capital is regularly voted one of the world's best places to live. It's beautiful. Cultural, historical.
The work's never boring.
You'll be part of a team delivering some of the most high-tech systems on earth. From day one, you'll have a wide variety of tasks and responsibilities. Such is the pace of progress, there's no risk of glazing over.
Room to grow.
We offer fantastic opportunities for learning, development and professional growth. And because quality engineering never stands still, this isn't really an advert for one job. Your career will be massively varied. Join us, and you'll be constantly reinventing and developing your quality skill set from one project to the next. Learning on the job isn't just a benefit – it's a must.
Innovation is the thing.
We push the boundaries of technology, accuracy, and safety in engineering every day, on a global scale. From guidance systems with hair's-breadth accuracy, to life-saving surveillance radar, to technologies so innovative they're world leading – we've invented it.
In the UK, this company is the largest inward investor in the defence sector and one of the biggest suppliers of defence equipment to the MoD. They won't shy away from saying that they're hugely successful at what we do. Not only does that help defend national security, it gives you job security too.
WHAT YOU'LL DO...
- Contribute in delivering Software to Specification and Internal / Customer Requirements.
- Supporting the business processes by undertaking specialist quality work self-sufficiently, such as
- Software Lifecycle Reviews including Software Requirement s (SSR), Design (PDR/CDR), Code, Test (TRR) and Release
- Software Configuration Management including Software CCBs
- Auditing including FCA/PCAs
- Witnessing Formal Software Testing
- Product Release
- Plan and prioritise own activities and may coordinate team activities to ensure specific instructions are completed and time is utilised effectively.
- Analyse and communicate data to support the understanding of information and decision making.
Take ownership of and solve complex problems and enquiries without supervision to ensure satisfaction of internal or external customers and business improvement.
We need you to have most of these skills:
- Detailed knowledge of specific software processes and detailed understanding of the business area.
- Able to demonstrate a range of administrative and organisation skills.
- Thorough, practical knowledge of a number of relevant processes and procedures e.g. Mil Std-2167A or -498, Def Stan 05-95, AQAP 150 or 2210, DO-178B or C
- Knowledge and experience of software tools e.g. Requirements management, Configuration Management, Test, Code Coverage and Static Analysis
- Able to communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
- Able to work on own initiative.
- Confidence and ability to challenge / respond to challenges on Software Quality Assurance issues.
- Be a logical thinker, capable of harvesting complex data into actions with practical solutions that supports business goals, in 'the language of the business'.
- Have good interpersonal skills and a collaborative working style across all functions of the business.
- Be able to demonstrate experience in working with Customers and Suppliers.
The nature of the tasks involved means that any candidate being considered for the position must be capable of achieving full SC security clearance and in addition the candidate will require access to caveated information such as UK eyes only and ITAR.
Cordius Ltd team offers unrivalled expertise; a flexible and personal approach of successful recruitment within Engineering, Supply Chain and Technical disciplines - our highly experienced team of specialist consultants offer professional and transparent services to match the individual needs of both clients and candidates.
Apply for this job
Our Commitment to you
Here at Cordius Ltd. we work closely with our candidates to ensure that we provide you with a first class recruitment service. Our recruitment consultants seek to ensure that both the needs of the employer and the candidate are met, therefore producing a cohesive relationship and the best chance of success. Our Candidate Management Team is dedicated to helping you make the most of your CV and to aid you in the recruitment process through offering advice on interview techniques and construction of your CV.
Read our Terms & Conditions