Salary: £Very competitive + Excellent benefits
Key Skills: Supply Chain management, highly regulated environment
An international leader in electronic and information technologies for defence systems, aerospace, data, infrastructures, land security and protection and sustainable ’smart’ solutions. They employ 4,000 people across the UK. In addition to achieving ‘Investors In People’ accreditation, they won the Queens Awards for enterprise and international trade. They are entering a period of expansion offering exciting opportunities to work at the forefront of technology.
Working within the “Support and Service Solutions” team, providing you with the opportunity to work on meaningful and high–calibre projects alongside leading professionals within an established, award-winning company.
Support & Service Solutions , is an exciting and rapidly growing line of business focused on customer product and service support and product improvement. We want our people to bring their unique qualities and perspectives to help us enrich our services and offerings.
To lead Procurement activities for key existing programmes, fostering strategic relationships with a diverse range of OEMs and SMEs to ensure a robust and competitive supply chain that delivers value to our existing and future customers. This will involve working closely with the internal integrated campaign project teams, external suppliers and partners.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
• Dynamic person who can build enduring relationships with customers, partners suppliers and internal teams.
• Experience of Defence, Security and Aerospace sectors and ability to apply them with minimal supervision and direction
• Procurement/Commercial prime contracting experience
• Commercial acumen and negotiation skills
• Experienced in People Management
• Detailed experience of procurement for services and Supply Chain/Sub-Contract Management
• An ability to think ‘outside of the box’ offering solutions to enable the function to add value and innovation
• Leadership and Management of a Procurement team (4-6 heads)
• Drive and lead strategies to influence business decisions throughout the programme
• Focal point for the Programme Directors and suppliers regarding contract and supply chain matters
• Resource management of procurement area
• Lead and co-ordinate the team to establish and deliver sub-contract management activities
• Prepare and/or review and approve complex contract documentation using standard and non-standard formats
• Construct and lead the contracts and supply chain management Life Cycle Management (LCM) deliverables
• Identify solutions for complex areas of potential risk /opportunity e.g. sub-contract risk, liability and deliver solutions/mitigations
• Promote a culture of best practice and sharing of knowledge within the function and across the wider business
Key Performance Indicators:
• Deliver against the Integrated Business Plan for S3 (UK)
• Recognised contribution to successful bids/campaigns and contracts
• Effective resource management
• Positive feedback from internal/external customers and peer group
• Effective contracts/agreements for all sub-contracts within procurement area
• Due to the nature of the tasks involved, any candidate being considered must be capable of achieving full SC security clearance and may require access to caveated information such as UK Eyes Only and ITAR export controls
• The role will require both UK and overseas travel
One of S3’s primary values is to provide a fulfilling future to our people; their well-being is of paramount importance to us. We are committed to fostering a culture where personal and professional development, work life balance and guided autonomy are the norm. We want you to enjoy being part of S3, and feel empowered to ensure that we meet and exceed our customers’ expectations.
We recognise that diversity is vital to encouraging innovation and creativity.
Leonardo provides flexible working options to best support our people to build a work-life balance that works for them. We also provide an award-winning pension scheme, along with a number of rewards and benefits, including a generous relocation package for employees moving for work.
Cordius Ltd team offers unrivalled expertise; a flexible and personal approach of successful recruitment within Engineering, Supply Chain and Technical disciplines - our highly experienced team of specialist consultants offer professional and transparent services to match the individual needs of both clients and candidates.
Apply for this job
Our Commitment to you
Here at Cordius Ltd. we work closely with our candidates to ensure that we provide you with a first class recruitment service. Our recruitment consultants seek to ensure that both the needs of the employer and the candidate are met, therefore producing a cohesive relationship and the best chance of success. Our Candidate Management Team is dedicated to helping you make the most of your CV and to aid you in the recruitment process through offering advice on interview techniques and construction of your CV.
Read our Terms & Conditions