Mechanical Design Engineer
Principal Mechanical Engineer
The Company is an international leader in electronic and information technologies for defence systems, aerospace, data, infrastructures, land security and protection and sustainable ’smart’ solutions. They employ 4,000 people across the UK. In addition to achieving ‘Investors In People’ accreditation, they won the Queens Awards for enterprise and international trade. They are entering a period of expansion offering exciting opportunities to work at the forefront of technology.
Key Skills: Design and Development including issue resolution and stress and tolerance studies
We are looking for a principle mechanical engineer to lead the design and development of world leading radar and electro-optic products. Utilising state of the art methods, technology and tools to explore all aspects of the development lifecycle. Including stress and thermal analysis, requirements analysis, design, implementation, test, build and product support. You will interface with customers (internal and external) on many factors within the design and liaise closely with all other engineering disciplines, particularly systems and electronics.
As an overview:
- You will be performing mechanical engineering design to present robust engineering solutions at design and peer reviews to ensure technical accuracy of specifications, designs and reports.
- Designing innovative, optimized, engineering solutions taking into account all requirements such as product quality, safety, reliability and testability.
- Perform “Hands on” design and development using 3D CAD software including ‘first pass’ structural analysis to determine if a design is fit for purpose.
- Mentor and develop engineers in terms of technical knowledge and soft skills.
- Provide key support and facilitate reviews and sign off release of designs
Key skills and attributes:
- You will ideally be a chartered engineer or have the UK-spec competencies to attain chartered engineer status.
- Senior design and development skills able to deliver products to key milestones.
- A problem solver with a structured and logical approach. Able to investigate issues in an effective manner.
- First hand engineering design capability including numerical calculations, and tolerance studies.
- An effective task delegator.
- Self motivated and willing to take on new challenges, including having great ideas and making confident recommendations.
But whats in it for you?
Along with excellent company benefits and ethos, mechanical engineering is a fundamental element of all products within this company and as such mechanical engineering will provide the support and environment necessary for learning and career development.
Cordius Ltd team offers unrivalled expertise; a flexible and personal approach of successful recruitment within Engineering, Supply Chain and Technical disciplines - our highly experienced team of specialist consultants offer professional and transparent services to match the individual needs of both clients and candidates.
Apply for this job
Our Commitment to you
Here at Cordius Ltd. we work closely with our candidates to ensure that we provide you with a first class recruitment service. Our recruitment consultants seek to ensure that both the needs of the employer and the candidate are met, therefore producing a cohesive relationship and the best chance of success. Our Candidate Management Team is dedicated to helping you make the most of your CV and to aid you in the recruitment process through offering advice on interview techniques and construction of your CV.
Read our Terms & Conditions