Sub Contract Manager
The Company is an international leader in electronic and information technologies for defence systems, aerospace, data, infrastructures, land security and protection and sustainable ’smart’ solutions. They employ 4,000 people across the UK. In addition to achieving ‘Investors In People’ accreditation, they won the Queens Awards for enterprise and international trade. They are entering a period of expansion offering exciting opportunities to work at the forefront of technology.
Salary: £51,000 - £58,500
Key Skills: Sub-contract management, Procurement, Supply Chain, Projects, SAP
The successful candidate will be working as part of the Project Team on a major project – this will involve working with senior stakeholders in the programme area and the wider Procurement function.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Drive and lead Procurement/supply-chain strategies to support the programme
- Support business winning campaigns
- Management and reporting of key Procurement issues
- Promoting customer intimacy in internal and external relationships
- Identify solutions for complex areas of potential risk/opportunity e.g. sub-contract risk, liability and deliver solutions/mitigations
- Procurement focal point for the programme area and suppliers regarding escalated supply chain matters
- Construct and lead the contracts and supply chain management Life Cycle Management (LCM) deliverables
- Procurement Resource Management of within programme
- Understanding of Export Compliance/export controls
- Familiarity with SAP (or equivalent integrated business systems) is desirable
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
- A good working knowledge and understanding of Procurement within the Domestic and Export Defence & Aerospace industry and ability to apply them with minimal supervision and direction
- The ability to work collaboratively to design innovative supply chain solution and incentivised business models
- Extensive Relationship Management experience
- Strong stakeholder collaboration, co-ordination and management to build sustainable Supplier and Partner relationships
- Supply-chain design knowledge and experience to reduce costs and improve flows
- Commercial and negotiation skills
- Influential at all levels both internally and externally
- Skilled at procuring services and Supply Chain/Sub-Contract Management
- Requires appropriate training to degree level or equivalent or significant relevant work experience
Cordius Ltd team offers unrivalled expertise; a flexible and personal approach of successful recruitment within Engineering, Supply Chain and Technical disciplines - our highly experienced team of specialist consultants offer professional and transparent services to match the individual needs of both clients and candidates.
Apply for this job
Our Commitment to you
Here at Cordius Ltd. we work closely with our candidates to ensure that we provide you with a first class recruitment service. Our recruitment consultants seek to ensure that both the needs of the employer and the candidate are met, therefore producing a cohesive relationship and the best chance of success. Our Candidate Management Team is dedicated to helping you make the most of your CV and to aid you in the recruitment process through offering advice on interview techniques and construction of your CV.
Read our Terms & Conditions