The Basildon site is home to nearly 1,000 people who are involved in the design and development of thermal imaging systems, radar systems, radio communications, infrared detection, signal processing and network systems.
The site are keen to appoint a senior estimator who will provide estimates, on behalf of the manufacturing function, of the material, labour, support and non-recurring setup, tooling and test equipment costs relating to the build of new product and repeat build of existing product. To do this the estimator will work closely with Procurement, Industrial Engineering, Test Engineering, Engineering Design and Manufacturing teams.
These estimates will be used to provide prices for customers, set budgets for our programmes and advise our design teams developing new products.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Generation of manufacturing estimates.
- Co-ordination of inputs from stakeholder teams, including Procurement, Industrial Engineering, Test Engineering, Manufacturing and Materials Control.
- Advising internal customers, including bid managers, project managers and commercial managers about progress developing estimates for them.
- Advising internal customers, including bid managers, project managers, commercial managers and design engineers about the costs and associated risks and opportunities with their products and manufacturing projects.
- Operation of the company suite of IT estimating tools.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required Essential
- The ability to communicate and influence across all levels of the company and interact effectively with internal customers and suppliers and external organisations.
- The ability to lead small cross functional teams to establish the cost of assembly, integration and test of a product.
- An understanding of the typical make-up of recurring and non-recurring costs in a manufacturing project.
- The ability to read and understand mechanical drawings, bills of materials, manufacturing process design and routings.
- The ability to establish costs by analogy with established costed designs.
- A capable practitioner in the use of spreadsheets.A basic understanding of electrical circuit diagrams is not essential but would be helpful.A technical HND or Degree, however equivalent experience and knowledge obtained in a relevant technical role would be considered.
Apply for this job
Our Commitment to you
Here at Cordius Ltd. we work closely with our candidates to ensure that we provide you with a first class recruitment service. Our recruitment consultants seek to ensure that both the needs of the employer and the candidate are met, therefore producing a cohesive relationship and the best chance of success. Our Candidate Management Team is dedicated to helping you make the most of your CV and to aid you in the recruitment process through offering advice on interview techniques and construction of your CV.
Read our Terms & Conditions