Working within a small engineering team; this is a varied role that includes product design and support. You will be responsible for all aspects of a design including schematic capture, producing PCB layouts, firmware development, testing prototypes, and advancing the concept design into a production.
The company supplies tactical workstations and displays, Integrated Mission Systems, and Avionics EW Test products and solutions. Their facility houses comprehensive engineering development capability, environmental, electromagnetic test chambers and a world-class manufacturing cell. This facility also provides a focal point for the delivery of comprehensive Avionics End-to-End Test (ETET) systems.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Production support of existing products.
- Liaising with sub-contractors.
- Liaising with customers.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Development of embedded systems and firmware.
- Development of analogue power electronics.
- Creating design documentation, including requirements specifications, test plans and design proving reports.
- Board test and debug.
- Good understanding of digital electronics (I2C, SPI, USB, RS232, RS422, Ethernet).
- Good understanding of military applications.
- Designing to meet EMC/RFI standards.
- Expected to be educated to BSc/BEng in Electronics (or related subject).
- Schematic capture/PCB layout - ideally with Altium.
- Firmware development - ARM/AVR.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
- Ability to work both alone and in small teams as required by the individual task.
- Ability to work within defined timescales to meet programme milestones
- Quality and safety focused.
- Commercially aware.
- Enthusiastic and Self-motivated.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and organisation skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Driven by technical challenges, problem solving and practical implementation of new ideas.
- Clear and logical approach to problem solving.
Apply for this job
Our Commitment to you
Here at Cordius Ltd. we work closely with our candidates to ensure that we provide you with a first class recruitment service. Our recruitment consultants seek to ensure that both the needs of the employer and the candidate are met, therefore producing a cohesive relationship and the best chance of success. Our Candidate Management Team is dedicated to helping you make the most of your CV and to aid you in the recruitment process through offering advice on interview techniques and construction of your CV.
Read our Terms & Conditions