Skip to content

Chief Software Architect

Salary: Highly Competitive + Excellent BenefitsStart date: ASAPLocation: NottinghamContract type: Permanent

Job description

Chief Software Architect

Our client, based in Nottingham is looking to appoint a Chief Software Architect to ensure that local client delivery remains technically strong and innovative. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a vibrant company.

The role will be reporting to the CTO as well as the leadership team to help drive agenda and to support and drive technical initiatives both locally and across the business.

The Role

Our client needs someone with a certain gravitas to focus around 60% of their time to individual client-delivery. The other 40% will be focusing on their initiatives, including:

Technical Leadership

You’ll have a good breadth of technical delivery expertise, particularly in an area of technical delivery relevant to our client. These areas include but are not limited to Big Data, Machine Learning and Cloud. You’ll know how to utilise your knowledge and interest of technologies through your team to enable you to meet these responsibilities.

It will be your responsibility to lookout for reusability between their deliveries, and both technology and process implementation to help create a library of delivery accelerators.

Technical Quality

Quality of Delivery to their clients is at the heart of this position. Focussing on Technical Quality, you will:

  • Feed into their quality process across all engagements;
  • Instigate and run ad-hoc quality reviews;
  • Make practical interventions into client deliveries to put them back on track.

Pre-Sales and Bid Activity

Bids are led on a regional basis, and are primed by our clients regional Head of Delivery. As Chief Software Architect for the Nottingham office you will work with the local management team to ensure the bids from the office are:

  • Delivered to an appropriate quality;
  • That the right technical input has been provided and;
  • That bid responses are innovative.

You’ll also be heavily involved in any pre-sales and market engagement processes, including: Meeting new clients, presenting at conferences, technical meet ups, blogging and more.

Skills, Experience and Attitude

  • Technically strong, with recent hands-on experience in one of their core areas of technical delivery
  • An ability to advise senior stakeholders, work comfortably without definition and apply a progressive technical approach to any problem
  • You’ll show a good understanding of how to put together software
  • You’ll be an inquisitive technologist and naturally encourage others to be alike. You will foster a feeling of technical community in the Nottingham region, running events such as interest groups and hacks
  • You’ll need excellent communication skills, in front of stakeholders and in front of clients

Location: Nottingham

Salary: Highly Competitive + Excellent Benefits

Cordius are a recruitment agency acting on behalf of our client. We’ve got experience of Technical, Engineering and Supply Chain recruitment across the East Midlands.

Apply for this job

Loading...

Your application is in progress please do not refresh

Our Commitment to you

Here at Cordius Ltd. we work closely with our candidates to ensure that we provide you with a first class recruitment service. Our recruitment consultants seek to ensure that both the needs of the employer and the candidate are met, therefore producing a cohesive relationship and the best chance of success. Our Candidate Management Team is dedicated to helping you make the most of your CV and to aid you in the recruitment process through offering advice on interview techniques and construction of your CV.

Read our Terms & Conditions

Website by Ablewild