Network & Systems Administrator
Your chance to join an Agile and innovative technology firm, specialising in high integrity critical security technologies. Their mission is to deliver solutions that not only meet but exceed the rigorous demands of their customers, where absolute reliability is essential. Their culture is defined by a relentless pursuit of excellence, driving our team to exceed expectations consistently.
It's a chance to tackle challenging problems and contribute to groundbreaking Intellectual Property within a talented multi-disciplinary team. You'll be part of an organisation that's making a significant impact, primarily supporting Government clients by developing disruptive security technologies with groundbreaking potential.
About the Role:
We're looking for a skilled Network & Systems Administrator to join a small but growing IT department. Reporting to the Head of IT & Security, you'll be part of a small, dynamic team. This varied role involves both network and systems responsibilities, including:
- Architecture planning and implementation for IT projects.
- Providing ongoing support for internal projects and occasional external network and systems support.
- Engaging with customers to consult on the deployment of products and services.
- Assisting in third-line product support, focusing on networking and systems integration.
- Network Administration: Planning, maintaining critical network infrastructure, and researching emerging technologies.
- Systems & Security: Managing Windows domain architecture, ensuring robust security permissions, and overseeing backup and patch management systems.
- Product Support / Consultancy: Provide consultation for product installation and network design.
- Policy & Procedural: Help in creating and upholding IT policies and procedures.
- Operations: Monitor security logs, assist in cybersecurity and disaster recovery planning.
Technical & Personal Requirements:
- Excellent knowledge of Networking including TCP/IP, routing protocols, layer 2 protocols incl. VLANS, Wireshark tracing, DHCP / DNS, 802.11 etc.
- Good knowledge of Windows architecture including MS Active Directory / Group Policy, PowerShell, Office 365 and Azure AD administration & security.
- Network +, Cisco CCNA and CCNP or demonstrable networking abilities.
- Familiarity with Linux and Veeam Backup software.
- A bright, autonomous learner with a great team spirit and a 'can-do' attitude.
- Organised, methodical, and diligent with documentation.
- Very occasional travel within the UK may be required.
- UK citizenship is necessary due to security requirements.
- Willingness to undertake and maintain DV security clearance.
Elevate Your Career!
This role is an exceptional opportunity to grow your skills and make a significant impact in an exciting field. If you're ready to take your career to new heights with a company that values innovation and excellence, apply now!
Apply for this job
Our Commitment to you
Here at Cordius Ltd. we work closely with our candidates to ensure that we provide you with a first class recruitment service. Our recruitment consultants seek to ensure that both the needs of the employer and the candidate are met, therefore producing a cohesive relationship and the best chance of success. Our Candidate Management Team is dedicated to helping you make the most of your CV and to aid you in the recruitment process through offering advice on interview techniques and construction of your CV.
Read our Terms & Conditions