The Quality Inspector will be responsible for performing a variety of processes for verification of materials/product components and ensuring that all inspection activities are efficiently carried out in accordance with standard operating procedures and H&S requirements.
- To carry out inspection & testing of materials and components using variety of processes/techniques in accordance with job card instructions, drawings, specifications, and relevant quality procedures.
- To accurately interpret component drawings and test procedures so that part numbers, drawing issues, product requirements and special process requirements can be correctly identified and applied.
- To generate inspection reports/non-conformance reports in accordance with company quality policy.
- To record all inspection and testing work in Tricorn system.
- To identify jigs & components using laser marking specified in accordance with job card instructions.
- To handle materials carefully and comply with safety regulations so that components are not damaged, and accidents do not occur due to mishandling.
- To complete work in accordance with required work schedules so that productivity can be maintained at the highest level.
- To liaise with internal personnel, suppliers, and customers in the resolution of quality issues.
- To assist in the successful implementation of ongoing company quality programs such as continuous improvement, ISO:9001 QMS etc.
- Experience of using inspection tools such as Verniers and Micrometers.
- Knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing.
- Experience of using a Coordinate Measuring Machine such as Romer Arm.
- Basic computer skills such as Microsoft word and Excel.
- MUST HAVE: CMM and Romer experience
- Attention to detail.
- Data Analysis skills.
- Team player – with ability to work independently.
- Manual Dexterity.
- Good visual acuity and ability to differentiate colours.
- Physical ability to lift and move light to medium weights during inspection activities.
- 25 Days Holiday plus Bank Holidays.
- Workwear provided.
- Free onsite parking.
- Cycle scheme.
- Overtime available.
Should you feel suitable for the role or wish to pursue similar roles in the area, please don't hesitate to contact Anna at Cordius - Derby on 01332 287766
Apply for this job
Our Commitment to you
Here at Cordius Ltd. we work closely with our candidates to ensure that we provide you with a first class recruitment service. Our recruitment consultants seek to ensure that both the needs of the employer and the candidate are met, therefore producing a cohesive relationship and the best chance of success. Our Candidate Management Team is dedicated to helping you make the most of your CV and to aid you in the recruitment process through offering advice on interview techniques and construction of your CV.
Read our Terms & Conditions