Field Service Engineer
Our client encourages internal progression, which leads to promotional opportunities and high levels of staff retention. They are looking for independent and confident individuals with a strong background in plant, electrics, hydraulics, and mechanics. All engineers are expected to have their own tools. Any specialist tools are supplied.
Salary: £15.50 - £17 p/h (£32,240 - £35,360)
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Service, repair and maintain JCB and other plant equipment to the manufacturer's specifications and to ensure machine reliability and safety.
- Have a keen eye for detail, reporting machine defects and upselling the services wherever possible.
- Successfully diagnose and rectify electrical, hydraulic, powertrain, and various other faults prior to initiating and completing a repair.
- Operate JCB’s ‘Service Master’ diagnostic software via a laptop computer (training will be given)
- Complete a detailed report of work completed along with supporting photographs and all allocated times via in house Service Manager personal tablet system.
- Complete risk assessments per company health and safety policy and ensure safe working practices are always in place.
- Accurately ordering parts with the parts department
- Working closely with the service department and management team
Skills and knowledge required:
- Relevant experience and qualifications e.g., City and Guild, NVQ Level 3 qualifications or equivalent to
- Experience in construction plant, diesel engines, electrics, hydraulics, transmissions, and fault finding using electronic diagnostic equipment
- Good IT Skills
- Knowledge and experience of a variety of machinery ideally in the construction or agricultural industry.
- Ability to interact with customers and develop/build a relationship that ultimately delivers a positively satisfying experience.
- Ability to set timescales to own tasks to enable completion of duties and to ensure all tasks are carried out with a level of urgency and within a timely manner, while not compromising safety.
- Always present a professional image.
- Must carry a full driving licence as well have the ability to operate machinery on site for testing purposes (training can be given to the right candidate)
- Overtime (Time and a half for the first 4hrs and then double time thereafter. Sundays are double rate.)
- Tool Allowance (£5.00 per week and paid directly via payroll)
- Life Assurance 3x basic salary
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) to include: Legal, Mental Health, and Medical Support which is accessible through a personalised app
- Health Cash Plan to support you with the costs of healthcare
- Occupational Health Provision to support your health and wellbeing
- 23 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Flexible Additional Holiday
- Company Pension Scheme
- In-house trainer dedicated to training and developing the team of engineers
- Opportunity to work with a market-leading JCB Livelink telematics system
- JCB pioneering hydrogen engines for the future
- JCB Training at JCB World Headquarters
Apply for this job
Our Commitment to you
Here at Cordius Ltd. we work closely with our candidates to ensure that we provide you with a first class recruitment service. Our recruitment consultants seek to ensure that both the needs of the employer and the candidate are met, therefore producing a cohesive relationship and the best chance of success. Our Candidate Management Team is dedicated to helping you make the most of your CV and to aid you in the recruitment process through offering advice on interview techniques and construction of your CV.
Read our Terms & Conditions