We are seeking a highly skilled Service Technician. The ideal candidate will be proficient in maintaining and repairing, diagnosing faults, performing regular maintenance checks to ensure operational efficiency.
Hours: 39 hours per week (with regular overtime)
Salary: £35,000- £39,000 (OTE £50,000+)
Includes: Company Van, Laptop, Mobile Phone
Skills in all the following areas would be advantageous:
- Inspect, diagnose and repair mechanical issues on vehicles, plant and machinery, ensuring all work is completed safely and to the highest professional standards.
- Carry out routine maintenance checks, including oil changes, fluid level checks, and tire inspections, amongst others.
- Use diagnostic tools to identify mechanical and electrical faults and implement appropriate solutions.
- Attend to breakdowns and provide onsite repair service when required.
- Maintain an accurate record of all parts used, inspections performed, and work completed.
- Maintain a clean and organised work environment, ensuring compliance with safety policies and regulations.
- Provide technical advice to customers and colleagues as needed.
- Level 3 NVQ or equivalent in hands on experience
- Familiarity with diagnostic tools and equipment.
- Strong knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic systems.
- Physical stamina to handle the demands of the role, including the ability to lift heavy objects and work in various weather conditions.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and ability to work independently.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexibility to work shifts, including weekends, and to be on-call for emergencies.
Apply for this job
Our Commitment to you
Here at Cordius Ltd. we work closely with our candidates to ensure that we provide you with a first class recruitment service. Our recruitment consultants seek to ensure that both the needs of the employer and the candidate are met, therefore producing a cohesive relationship and the best chance of success. Our Candidate Management Team is dedicated to helping you make the most of your CV and to aid you in the recruitment process through offering advice on interview techniques and construction of your CV.
Read our Terms & Conditions