Criminal Defence Paralegal
We are looking for Police Station Accredited Representatives to advise and attend clients at police stations and council offices and represent them during investigation interviews.
Ideally, you'll be based in Burton on Trent or within the surrounding area as this role doesn’t allow WFH.
Salary: DOE – Competitive with a benefits package
• Liaising with CPS, Police, and Courts
• Corresponding with clients and other agencies
• Attending clients and witnesses to take instructions and statements
• Advising in accordance with relevant Law or Sentencing Guidelines
• Drafting witness statements, proof of evidence and other legal submissions
• Submitting applications for funding
• File Management in accordance with an establish Case Management System.
• Complete PACE (Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984)/Interview Attendance Form and forward to the Police Station Department Administrators, ensuring all dates have been provided.
• Chasing outcomes on files with an e-mail to the case directors.
• Cover the 24hr phone during the day and when required at night and on weekends.
• PACE/relevant criminal knowledge
• Law degree or relevant legal qualification
• Police Station Accreditation.
Should you feel suitable for the role or wish to pursue similar roles in the area, please don't hesitate to contact Daniel at Cordius - Derby on 01332 287766
Apply for this job
Our Commitment to you
Here at Cordius Ltd. we work closely with our candidates to ensure that we provide you with a first class recruitment service. Our recruitment consultants seek to ensure that both the needs of the employer and the candidate are met, therefore producing a cohesive relationship and the best chance of success. Our Candidate Management Team is dedicated to helping you make the most of your CV and to aid you in the recruitment process through offering advice on interview techniques and construction of your CV.
Read our Terms & Conditions