Working hours: Full-time (9.15am - 5.15pm)
Department: Real Estate
To provide comprehensive secretarial and administrative support to all practice areas across the firm to cover for absent secretaries, or, to provide additional support to groups as required in busy periods. This may be either assisting within the group or providing remote secretarial support from the Gatwick office. Additionally, this role will provide cover for reception, office services and other administrative roles and offer support to other Support Groups as necessary.
RESPONSABILITIES AND DUTIES:
- To provide secretarial support in groups across the firm to cover for holidays, absences and busy periods.
- To provide an audio typing service centrally via digital dictation, when not allocated to support a specific group.
- Preparation of correspondence, bills and documents from audio dictation, Case Manager and manuscript in compliance with DMH Stallard house style guide.
- Completion of standard forms without fee-earner assistance.
- File and document management.
- Deal with general telephone enquiries and resolve specific enquiries, receive and relay messages to and from clients and other professionals on behalf of fee earners.
- Diary maintenance for fee-earners within the group allocated.
- General team administration when requested.
- Cover receptionist duties, administrator roles and other office services tasks, such as photocopying and post distribution when required.
- Such other duties as may be reasonably requested.
- Attend meetings and such training courses as determined by the Group Head.
RESPONSABILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Previous knowledge and experience of legal work.
- Excellent IT skills with experience in Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Email and Internet. Ideally previous experience of digital dictation and a case manager system.
- Fast and accurate audio and copy typing skills.
- Ability to use track changes, and/or other comparison software as appropriate.
- Previous experience of databases.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Effective administrative, communication, decision making and team working skills.
- Reasonable level of numeracy.
- Ability to maintain a professional and discrete attitude when dealing with issues of a sensitive and strictly confidential nature.
- Flexibility to provide support in different groups of the firm when required, with variable start and finish times on occasions
Apply for this job
Our Commitment to you
Here at Cordius Ltd. we work closely with our candidates to ensure that we provide you with a first class recruitment service. Our recruitment consultants seek to ensure that both the needs of the employer and the candidate are met, therefore producing a cohesive relationship and the best chance of success. Our Candidate Management Team is dedicated to helping you make the most of your CV and to aid you in the recruitment process through offering advice on interview techniques and construction of your CV.
Read our Terms & Conditions