Software Development Project Manager
As well as having the IT knowledge necessary to manage successful IT projects, the candidate will also have a general understanding of business principles and be focussed on the effective adoption of new IT systems and delivery of anticipated benefits.
The successful candidate will have a passion for problem solving and be comfortable working at all levels of an organisation. They will have experience working in an agile environment and have knowledge of change management techniques. They will also hold a relevant project management qualification.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that Software Development and System Testing functions are working collaboratively and as efficiently and effectively as possible.
- Ensure that Software Development and System Testing teams are fully aware of their priorities and that change is delivered in the required timescales.
- Assist colleagues to meet departmental targets and/or SLAs.
- Cover duties of colleagues in their absence.
- Ensure that the team interacts with the rest of IT and provides support where required.
- Work closely with Marketing to ensure that their main business systems, such as their CRM business system is fully utilised and effective.
- Ensures project costs relating to time & effort of the delivery team are within budget, regularly reviewed to ensure on target and achieved.
- Agree milestones and target dates to ensure projects are completed on time.
- Work with suppliers to ensure value for money, effectiveness, and efficiency of all engagements.
- Create, implement, and lead a development framework and change management process, to ensure that returns on investments can be measured and realised.
- Ensure that a strong relationship exists across the Business Systems Delivery team who fully understand the software development needs of the business.
- Communicate regularly, development team activities to the rest of the IT department and business.
Skills and Experience:
- Strong communication skills and a proactive approach.
- Experience of MS Visio and MS Project beneficial.
Apply for this job
Our Commitment to you
Here at Cordius Ltd. we work closely with our candidates to ensure that we provide you with a first class recruitment service. Our recruitment consultants seek to ensure that both the needs of the employer and the candidate are met, therefore producing a cohesive relationship and the best chance of success. Our Candidate Management Team is dedicated to helping you make the most of your CV and to aid you in the recruitment process through offering advice on interview techniques and construction of your CV.
Read our Terms & Conditions