Information Officer (12 month FTC)
This role provides legal support and information to the firm. The information officer role is part of a group of six information officers based internationally.
They collaborate on projects that enhance services, and also share other team-wide responsibilities.
You’ll mainly answer questions and requests for research from fee-earners and research and collate information using the hardcopy library, intranet, enterprise search system, ebooks, journals, and looseleaf publications.
- Responding to inquiries and requests for research from fee earners, mostly in their London office but also at their international offices. Producing briefing papers on industries and entities to help fee earners and business development teams with research on new/prospective customers and as necessary throughout the course of legal issues.
- Assisting fee-paying customers and others in using information resources such as internet services, the physical library, their intranet and business search engine, as well as e-books, journals, and looseleaf publications.
- Conducting ad hoc training sessions in a classroom setting (using tools such as Sli.do to quiz delegates on their knowledge).
- Attending Practice Group and other meetings in order to get an understanding of and contribution to the work of the practise in which the officer is immersed, customising the position to the practise group's unique information requirements(s).
- Exchange of ideas and implementation of improvements as part of their ongoing business improvement process and innovation initiatives, ensuring that the LIS service continues to meet the company's demands.
- Collaborating closely with the Knowledge Management team, Professional Support Lawyers, Business Development, Communications, and other departments to provide integrated services to fee earners throughout their global network.
- Information processing for new hires and departing employees, notably log-in and password processes for information sources.
- Keeping the LIS services visible and marketing them to end users.
- Conducting inductions to familiarise new employees with the LIS's services.
- Evaluating information items and services and advising fee-based clients on acquisitions and subscriptions.
- Monitoring and managing news notifications.
- Content editing and maintenance of the intranet (using their Sharepoint platform).
- Developing and maintaining educational resources such as intranet manuals and Camtasia videos. Assisting with routine administrative tasks such as book processing and cataloguing.
Apply for this job
Our Commitment to you
Here at Cordius Ltd. we work closely with our candidates to ensure that we provide you with a first class recruitment service. Our recruitment consultants seek to ensure that both the needs of the employer and the candidate are met, therefore producing a cohesive relationship and the best chance of success. Our Candidate Management Team is dedicated to helping you make the most of your CV and to aid you in the recruitment process through offering advice on interview techniques and construction of your CV.
Read our Terms & Conditions