Surface Mount Operator (SMT)
This exciting Surface Mount Operator (SMT) opportunity will fulfil several requirements within a brand new, small but modern, manufacturing facility creating high quality electronic products.
Reporting to the Production Manager, you will be focused on the operation of the PCB Assembly surface mount line. The role will also include aspects of logistics, assembly, and testing of high-quality electronic products as required.
You will have a good knowledge of electronic manufacturing systems and production processes, and be able to operate and maintain the surface mount line in conjunction with the development team to fault find and propose enhancements to production items or processes.
Operations will include production build, new product introduction and prototype builds, and there is also the option to assist in enhancing existing processes and developing the production processes for new products.
The nature of this position requires you to be a British Citizen, as well as being able to obtain and retain an unconditional DV security clearance.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working within an electronic manufacturing environment
- Operation of solder paste application equipment
- Operation of pick and place equipment
- Operation of vapour phase reflow equipment
- Operation of advanced AOI equipment
Required Technical Skills / Qualifications:
- Training in surface mount technology (SMT) operations
- HND/HNC in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or equivalent - experience in lieu considered
- Applicable IPC training
- Great attention to detail
- Motivation to ensure excellent quality standards
- Excellent communication and team working skills as well as the ability to work independently
- Assertive and keen to improve processes and procedures
- Excellent problem-solving skills
Salary: £25,000 - £40,000 + Benefits
If you think you’ve got what it takes, we’d love to hear from you!
Apply for this job
Our Commitment to you
Here at Cordius Ltd. we work closely with our candidates to ensure that we provide you with a first class recruitment service. Our recruitment consultants seek to ensure that both the needs of the employer and the candidate are met, therefore producing a cohesive relationship and the best chance of success. Our Candidate Management Team is dedicated to helping you make the most of your CV and to aid you in the recruitment process through offering advice on interview techniques and construction of your CV.
Read our Terms & Conditions