Internal Systems Support Manager
This is a key role managing a team of experienced Internal Systems Support Engineers and overseeing the provision of IT and facilities services. This includes two UK office bases and liaison with technical staff based in the US office.
As a software company producing complex software for a global customer base, the business maintains the highest levels of internal system performance for both on site and remote users, and you must be confident about working in this highly technical and professional environment. You will have a broad range of technical skills and be appropriately customer focused for internal users’ service expectations.
- 15+ years’ IT experience with at least 5 years’ experience as a Manager/Team Leader
- Able to mentor and oversee a highly skilled team in a structured and professional way
- Able to lead by example in terms of the quality and timeliness of Internal Support issues
- Process driven, with the desire to lead and implement initiatives within Internal Support to maintain and improve quality, security and efficiency
- Able to assimilate new technologies and work with leading edge products and services
- Excellent interpersonal and effective written and verbal communication skills
- Display excellent control over costs and supplier negotiation/procurement expertise to procure best value products and services
- The ability to report to the business on team performance, successes, challenges, and translate the impact of technical issues into language the business understands (i.e. operational and financial impact)
- Responsible for managing the implementation of information security and ongoing operational security for business systems
- Business continuity planning, especially architecting new systems and solutions for high availability and resilience
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 (including SharePoint and Teams)
- Thorough knowledge of all Microsoft Windows operating systems and server platforms
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Azure
- Thorough knowledge of networking protocols (TCP/IP), networking infrastructures, switching, routing and VPN technologies
- Good working understanding of Antivirus and Firewall solutions
- Thorough working knowledge of backup solutions
- Thorough working knowledge of Virtualisation technologies (VMWare VCloud)
- Thorough knowledge of mobile devices used in a corporate environment - Android & iOS
- Degree in an appropriate Computer Science or Engineering Discipline
- Microsoft Certified Professional - MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCTS or MCITP
Please note - It is a requirement of this role to manage and participate in the provision of an out of hours rota (currently a 1 in 4 rota) with the other Internal Support staff to ensure a fully operational service Monday to Friday, 08.00 to 22.30 UK time. Applicants MUST also live within an accessible distance of the company offices in Leicestershire to allow for quick access to resolve problems.
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000
Location: Leicestershire / Part-Remote
If you think you’ve got what it takes, we’d love to hear from you!
Apply for this job
Our Commitment to you
Here at Cordius Ltd. we work closely with our candidates to ensure that we provide you with a first class recruitment service. Our recruitment consultants seek to ensure that both the needs of the employer and the candidate are met, therefore producing a cohesive relationship and the best chance of success. Our Candidate Management Team is dedicated to helping you make the most of your CV and to aid you in the recruitment process through offering advice on interview techniques and construction of your CV.
Read our Terms & Conditions