Software Project Manager
We are seeking an ambitious Technical Project Manager / Software Project Manager to join a growing software company. Working closely with developers, analysts, product-owners and clients, you’ll play a key part in providing value and support to these cross-functional teams, helping innovate and build the platform. You will show a passion for agile software development and experience using Jira, Excel and other project management tools. Previous experience within a fast-growing scale-up is highly desirable.
The role offers the opportunity to grow and develop your skills into new areas while working in an open, creative and collaborative environment — interacting with various talented teams of people who love what they do.
This is a work-from-home position, but you might occasionally be asked to visit offices in Nottingham or London. Please note, this position is only open to applicants who are based in the UK.
- Managing resources across cross-functional teams, understanding requests and issues, and communicating these effectively across relevant stakeholders to ensure each team is able to achieve its goals.
- Working through difficult scenarios; mediating between competing interests and personalities to gain alignment and achieve an accurate prioritisation of projects.
- Working in close collaboration with developers, compliance officers, and product-owners to distil technical requirements into easily actionable specifications and user stories.
- Thinking critically to properly assess risk and scope, eliminate blockers and achieve on-time deliveries.
- Introducing new processes and enhancing existing ones to maximise efficiency and collaboration across our teams and help cultivate an innovative and supporting working environment.
- Working with the senior leadership team to ensure the delivery of the product roadmap and establish a culture of quality.
- You will ideally have 3-5 years’ experience as a technical project manager or program manager in a highly technical environment.
- You are passionate about agile software development and have a good understanding of lean product development.
- You have a methodical, thorough and detail-oriented approach to your work.
- You are a self-starter and know how to get things done.
- You have solid technical acumen and the ability to learn technical concepts quickly.
- You demonstrate very strong organisational skills and have the ability to multitask and prioritise effectively under pressure.
- You are an analytical thinker, using data and metrics when approaching and resolving issues.
- You are able to collaborate with different stakeholders and develop productive working relationships with a wide variety of teams and at all levels.
- You are assertive and strong-willed, but diplomatic; you have good negotiation skills.
- You have experience using Jira, Excel and other project management tools.
- £50,000 - £60,000 + Benefits
- Working in a multicultural environment
- A positive and collaborative working culture
- 30 days of holidays including UK Bank Holidays
- Remotely based position even after Covid 19
If you think you’ve got what it takes, we’d love to hear from you!
Apply for this job
Our Commitment to you
Here at Cordius Ltd. we work closely with our candidates to ensure that we provide you with a first class recruitment service. Our recruitment consultants seek to ensure that both the needs of the employer and the candidate are met, therefore producing a cohesive relationship and the best chance of success. Our Candidate Management Team is dedicated to helping you make the most of your CV and to aid you in the recruitment process through offering advice on interview techniques and construction of your CV.
Read our Terms & Conditions