Electronics Hardware Engineer
The Company is an international leader in electronics and information technologies for defence systems, aerospace, data, infrastructures, land security and protection and sustainable ’smart’ solutions. They are entering a period of expansion offering exciting opportunities to work at the forefront of technology.
They are looking for an experienced Hardware Engineer who has a recognised electronics degree and a strong desire to work in a hi-tech aerospace environment. You will complete electronics circuit design and development work, solve technical problems, complete analysis, schematic capture, PCB layout, simulation and other design validation tasks as well as generate bills of material, full manufacturing and other technical documentation. You will complete lab work to build and assess designs and complete other electronics development and support engineering tasks.
Key Responsibility Areas:
- Analogue and digital design
- Schematic capture and simulation
- PCB layout
- Design verification
- To prepare technical documentation
- To develop test solutions and characterise designs in the lab
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required:
- Have obtained a minimum of 2:1 in a relevant degree discipline, e.g. Electronics Engineering
- Be able to obtain BPSS security clearance as a minimum
- Have a minimum of 5 years permanent residency in the UK
- Analogue, digital, firmware, software design, simulation, layout and validation
- Ability to use industry standard electronics design tools (Mentor, Proteus, LabVIEW - preferred)
- Ability to solve electronics design problems
- Ability to complete accurate laboratory tests and measurements
- Ability to solder surface mount components and looms to a good standard
- Knowledge of PCB layout
- Computer literate
- Effective communicator
- Good organisational skills
Cordius Recruitment team offers unrivalled expertise; a flexible and personal approach of successful recruitment within Engineering, Supply Chain and Technical disciplines - our highly experienced team of specialist consultants offer professional and transparent services to match the individual needs of both clients and candidates.
Apply for this job
Our Commitment to you
Here at Cordius Ltd. we work closely with our candidates to ensure that we provide you with a first class recruitment service. Our recruitment consultants seek to ensure that both the needs of the employer and the candidate are met, therefore producing a cohesive relationship and the best chance of success. Our Candidate Management Team is dedicated to helping you make the most of your CV and to aid you in the recruitment process through offering advice on interview techniques and construction of your CV.
Read our Terms & Conditions