Mechanical Engineer – Military Defence Industry
The Company is an international leader in electronic and information technologies for defence systems, aerospace, data, infrastructures, electronic warfare, land security and protection and sustainable ’smart’ solutions. They are entering a period of expansion offering exciting opportunities to work at the forefront of technology.
They are looking for Principal Mechanical Engineer to design, develop and lead a team within their Electronic Warfare products category.
- Perform mechanical design and development using 3D CAD software with a "Hands on" approach.
- Provide team Leadership with effective communication.
- Manage and Deliver innovative, optimised engineering solutions.
- Manage own elements of the engineering work package.
- Deliver design solutions against requirements, within budget and timescales.
- Support visits and meetings at UK sites and suppliers when required.
- Engineering design and development – process of delivering products and associated key milestones.
- Problem solving and simultaneous engineering – structured, logical approach to investigate issues and solve problems in an effective cross-function
- Mechanical Engineering industry trends - knowledge of new and advancing tools, techniques and technologies.
- Experience with thermal management would be beneficial.
- Knowledge and understanding of various additive manufacturing technologies.
- Chartered Engineer registration with a recognised organisation IMechE / RAeS / IED / IET.
- Mechanical Engineering design and development - process of delivering products and associated key milestones.
- Appreciation of Systems Engineering approach
- Appreciation of Project Management Fundamentals.
- Understanding of ERP, PLM and PDM systems (Teamcenter, Windchill and SAP experience would be beneficial).
- Business awareness - understanding of fundamental business principles, drivers and key customers.
- Preliminary (Sizing) Structural analyses, including modal (Hand calculations and FEA)
Cordius Recruitment team offers unrivalled expertise; a flexible and personal approach of successful recruitment within Engineering, Supply Chain and Technical disciplines - our highly experienced team of specialist consultants offer professional and transparent services to match the individual needs of both clients and candidates.
Apply for this job
Our Commitment to you
Here at Cordius Ltd. we work closely with our candidates to ensure that we provide you with a first class recruitment service. Our recruitment consultants seek to ensure that both the needs of the employer and the candidate are met, therefore producing a cohesive relationship and the best chance of success. Our Candidate Management Team is dedicated to helping you make the most of your CV and to aid you in the recruitment process through offering advice on interview techniques and construction of your CV.
Read our Terms & Conditions