Head of Platform - Remote Working
We’re looking a Head of Platform to join an exciting financial technology business. You'll be a part of a growing and forward thinking company developing a cloud-based API-driven distributed platform, using some of the latest technologies and development patterns, building and managing 'true’ microservices, using NodeJS, Python, Go, React, MongoDB, and Snowflake hosted on Google Cloud Platform, with Kubernetes, and Docker at the heart of operational workloads and build automation provided by CircleCI.
The role will involve…
- Working closely with Product and Development teams in a dynamic, fast-growing and innovative business
- Implementing and providing best practice recommendations on operating a highly available, performant and secure “cloud-first” system
- Ensuring excellent visibility into how the system is performing and the necessary alerting is in place to tell when it isn’t
- Improving development workflow and tooling to make the experience as dependable and frictionless as possible
- Aligning workloads into sprints alongside distributed Development teams
- Providing out-of-hours support for incident response
- Dealing with broad range of technologies: microservice architecture, Kubernetes, Node.js, MongoDB, Terraform
- Occasional travel between London-Nottingham
- 5+ years’ experience in a role with exposure to platform engineering, “DevOps” or reliability engineering responsibilities and related technologies
- Solid commercial experience with Kubernetes in a production environment
- Experience with leading and growing teams including the ability to motivate and help people achieve their self-development goals
- Good awareness of distributed system design concepts, information security risks and principles
- A high degree of personal ownership will be encouraged, and all members of the team have the opportunity to contribute to the architectural design and the decision-making process
- Enthusiasm for your area of technical expertise and applying your knowledge under a challenging workload
- Recognition of the reasons behind a strong DevOps ethos and related concepts
- Proficiency with at least one coding or scripting language
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
- Passion for keeping up-to-date with and adopting new technologies
- Experience operating a cloud environment via Infrastructure-as-Code principles (ideally one of GCP/Azure/AWS)
If you recognise yourself in the above description, and the idea of working in a fast-paced, supportive and fun environment - where designing and building code, infrastructure and systems to a high standard is both expected and encouraged - then this is the place for you.
If you think you’ve got what it takes, we’d love to hear from you.
Salary: Negotiable + Excellent Benefits!
Location: Remote Working
Apply for this job
Our Commitment to you
Here at Cordius Ltd. we work closely with our candidates to ensure that we provide you with a first class recruitment service. Our recruitment consultants seek to ensure that both the needs of the employer and the candidate are met, therefore producing a cohesive relationship and the best chance of success. Our Candidate Management Team is dedicated to helping you make the most of your CV and to aid you in the recruitment process through offering advice on interview techniques and construction of your CV.
Read our Terms & Conditions