Lead Software Engineer - Remote / Nottingham
You'll be a part of a growing and forward thinking Tech business developing a cloud-based API-driven distributed platform, using some of the latest technologies and development patterns, building and managing 'true’ microservices, using NodeJS, Python, Go, MongoDB, and Snowflake hosted on Google Cloud Platform, with Kubernetes, and Docker at the heart of operational workloads and build automation provided by CircleCI. They use ReactJS amongst a host of other commonly used modern languages and frameworks in order to design high quality, modern, performant and mobile friendly web applications.
Leading a squad and mentoring less experienced developers you will be technically hands-on. Responsible for writing, maintaining and building a distributed code base composed of Node.js, Python and Go applications you will also be expected to take part in the architectural design of the software, execute code reviews, liaise with product and platform teams, and take part in the planning and delivery of projects/new features.
The team takes a measured approach to solution design with domain driven design (DDD) principles at the core of its process. Testing will be a core part of your development workflow. DevOps is a full team responsibility, so you’ll be expected to coordinate closely with the platform team to maintain Continuous Delivery practices and toolchains (CircleCI), and to help guide choices in cloud servicing such as GCP or AWS. You'll ideally be familiar with working with services in Docker containers, and any experience with Kubernetes will be highly beneficial as they heavily leverage GKE to orchestrate workloads.
We’re hoping to see …
- 2+ years’ experience writing high quality server side code using NodeJS
- The ability to writing high quality code in a at least one of these commonly used languages - NodeJS, Python, Go, Java, C# and C/C++
- Familiarity writing in multiple programming paradigms e.g. Functional or OOP
- Server side programming e.g. RESTful API design using frameworks likes ExpressJS
- Client side programming of web applications using frameworks such as ReactJS
- Agile / modern scrum practices
- Experience designing and developing distributed system architecture
- Data persistence technologies such as MongoDB, and data caching solutions such as Redis
- An understanding of security, reliability, and performance
- Source control, Git
If you think you’ve got what it takes, we’d love to hear from you!
Salary: £50,000 - £70,000 + Benefits
Location: Remote / Nottingham
Apply for this job
Our Commitment to you
Here at Cordius Ltd. we work closely with our candidates to ensure that we provide you with a first class recruitment service. Our recruitment consultants seek to ensure that both the needs of the employer and the candidate are met, therefore producing a cohesive relationship and the best chance of success. Our Candidate Management Team is dedicated to helping you make the most of your CV and to aid you in the recruitment process through offering advice on interview techniques and construction of your CV.
Read our Terms & Conditions