Principal Configuration Engineer
The Company is an international leader in electronic and information technologies for defence systems, aerospace, data, infrastructures, land security and protection and sustainable ’smart’ solutions. They are entering a period of expansion offering exciting opportunities to work at the forefront of technology.
They are looking for a Principal Configuration Engineer for their Land & Naval division; the role will include reviewing customer CM & PDM requirements; identifying applicable Technical, Physical and Procedural controls and defining associated requirements; authoring Configuration Management plans; conducting, documenting and managing configuration control boards where required and helping to develop and manage robust product design and build standard control.
Key Responsibility Areas:
- Generation of Configuration Management Plans.
- Managing CM related activates required by the company PDM system (Team Centre)
- Definition of Configuration requirements derived from Customer requirements, Company requirements and emergent properties of the design.
- Liaising with all areas of the business on project CM related issues.
- Producing CM related metrics at project level to feed into CM at a functional level.
- Chairing Configuration Control Board meetings.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required:
- Configuration Management and Planning: Highly skilled in the knowledge of CM Management & Planning activities.
- Fully versed with the requirements of international CM & experienced in the development of such through interaction with customers, partners & suppliers
- Configuration Identification: Highly knowledgeable in configuration identification arena. Able to establish & apply configuration identification activities. Capable of generating & communicating the project requirements in line with the project need
- Configuration Change Management: Highly knowledgeable in configuration change management.
- Able to represent CM and run a CCB to confirm the business impact of proposed changes, & at international CCB to present company decisions.
- Capable of managing conflicts in business change decisions
- Configuration Status Accounting: Knowledgeable in managing the CSA activities & understanding the importance and need for verifying requests for CSA reports.
- Capable of defining & managing partner & subcontractor CSA information, analysing the information & supporting the production of metrics & KPI requirements
- Configuration Verification & Audit
- Reporting Skills
- Demonstrate Honesty & Integrity
- Not afraid to challenge IPTs& Senior Management on CM& PDM related issues
- Able to acquire new technical knowledge on the job with strong multitasking skills
- Excellent Communication & Presentation skills
- Strong & pragmatic problem solving approach
Cordius Recruitment team offers unrivalled expertise; a flexible and personal approach of successful recruitment within Engineering, Supply Chain and Technical disciplines - our highly experienced team of specialist consultants offer professional and transparent services to match the individual needs of both clients and candidates.
Apply for this job
Our Commitment to you
Here at Cordius Ltd. we work closely with our candidates to ensure that we provide you with a first class recruitment service. Our recruitment consultants seek to ensure that both the needs of the employer and the candidate are met, therefore producing a cohesive relationship and the best chance of success. Our Candidate Management Team is dedicated to helping you make the most of your CV and to aid you in the recruitment process through offering advice on interview techniques and construction of your CV.
Read our Terms & Conditions