Senior Software Engineer (React) - UK / Remote
We are looking for a Senior Software Developers to join our client, a fast growing innovative digital company building an exciting, highly scalable platform capable of processing millions of transactions daily.
React | HTML | CSS | Full-Stack | Node | AWS | Serverless
Highly skilled as a developer and professionally experienced with React and related Front-End technologies, you’ll be the resident expert in web development, advising on how to architect their solutions in a sustainable way and to modern standards and sharing your knowledge to help others to do the same. You will have a strong voice in technology choices in this arena, the ability to pick up new concepts quickly and an opportunity to broaden your skills across the wider technology stack they use.
Alongside flexible and remote working they offer a fun, friendly working environment and a free equity stake in the company for all employees. Although a remote first role, occasional travel to the head office in Nottingham or other meeting location may be required from time to time.
The role will typically involve:
- Front-End development using React, HTML, CSS and component libraries
- Full-stack development using AWS Lambda/AppSync/GraphQL/Cognito / Mongo (AWS DocumentDB) / MySQL (AWS Aurora) / Node
- Mentoring & sharing knowledge with other team members
- Adapting to other technologies as required
- Improving development practices
- Unit testing and test automation
- Building & managing infrastructure services in a predominantly Serverless / AWS / CI cloud environment
- Planning and estimating technical work
- Automating manual repetitive tasks
- Anything else that might reasonably be required to help us ship, manage and maintain great software!
- Excellent general development skills
- Designing and delivering service backed React based applications, ideally with exposure to Full-Stack development
- HTML / CSS
- Unit Testing / TDD experience
- Git source control
- Mentoring & sharing knowledge with others
- Great problem solving skills and attention to detail
- AWS / Serverless / AppSync / Document DB / Aurora / RDS / Docker
- Use of CI pipelines
- Agile / DevOps / collaborative working with Infrastructure
- Working with distributed team members
This role is primarily home based although occasional office attendance may be required from time to time.
- Free share options in the company
- Flexible and home working available for all employees
- Fun, friendly working environment
- 25 days holiday
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Regular socials (subject to COVID restrictions)
- Bespoke training & development
- Cycle2Work Scheme
- Tech Scheme
- Bus/Tram2Work Scheme
Apply for this job
Our Commitment to you
Here at Cordius Ltd. we work closely with our candidates to ensure that we provide you with a first class recruitment service. Our recruitment consultants seek to ensure that both the needs of the employer and the candidate are met, therefore producing a cohesive relationship and the best chance of success. Our Candidate Management Team is dedicated to helping you make the most of your CV and to aid you in the recruitment process through offering advice on interview techniques and construction of your CV.
Read our Terms & Conditions